M8 Complete Failure!

Capt Gary

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Using my camera last nite & changed some settings. The screen went blank (dark blue ) & then gone... All functions.. or so I thought. 1/3 of the screen works in portrait mode...This phone is in use for 12 daze... Getting Super Hot too. Great hand warmer now. That's it.
Phone is 12 daze old. Going to ATT now. I will follow up... Any-1 have ideas?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a major failure. I would try a factory data reset, might not help but worth a shot

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
A simple settings change should not cause a catastrophic failure. If there is a setting that can it should come with a warning screen prior to implementing the change.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Capt Gary

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
HI all & thanx for da advice... Went to ATT & in 1 min the guy did a "Power & Vol. shutdown. Did a restart & that was that. Besides loosing my play lists...? the phone is normal. Running fine. He said sometimes you get a processor lock up, like in Windows "blue screen of death". Works fine now...
Question is, they gave me 5 extra "decision days". Keeep it or get another? ...... M-8.. I really like the phone & system. Came frm a G3... Don't really like Sams system & junkware...
BTW, in the original issue, all I did was try & change a few camera settings. I always close apps too.....

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
HI all & thanx for da advice... Went to ATT & in 1 min the guy did a "Power & Vol. shutdown. Did a restart & that was that. Besides loosing my play lists...? the phone is normal. Running fine. He said sometimes you get a processor lock up, like in Windows "blue screen of death". Works fine now...
Question is, they gave me 5 extra "decision days". Keeep it or get another? ...... M-8.. I really like the phone & system. Came frm a G3... Don't really like Sams system & junkware...
BTW, in the original issue, all I did was try & change a few camera settings. I always close apps too.....

Be on the safe side, replace it while you still can.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Before you return it, try changing those camera settings again. If the same thing happens, bring the phone back, and tell the rep to sit on it.LOL:p

DKatman

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The phone may have been just fine.....But smart move replacing it. Any time there was any hiccup, bad reception, screen blinks funny, you would always wonder if the phone was broken. It is worth the peace of mind.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678