Using my camera last nite & changed some settings. The screen went blank (dark blue ) & then gone... All functions.. or so I thought. 1/3 of the screen works in portrait mode...This phone is in use for 12 daze... Getting Super Hot too. Great hand warmer now. That's it.
    Phone is 12 daze old. Going to ATT now. I will follow up... Any-1 have ideas?
    05-01-2014 07:44 AM
    Head straight over to AT&T. 12 day old phone? No excuses.
    dpham00 and Aquila like this.
    05-01-2014 07:47 AM
    Seems like a major failure. I would try a factory data reset, might not help but worth a shot

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    05-01-2014 08:02 AM
    Yeah, I would exchange it, that's just not right.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    05-01-2014 08:02 AM
    Head straight over to AT&T. 12 day old phone? No excuses.
    This.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    05-01-2014 08:46 AM
    changed some settings.
    What settings did you change?
    05-01-2014 11:03 AM
    A simple settings change should not cause a catastrophic failure. If there is a setting that can it should come with a warning screen prior to implementing the change.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    05-01-2014 12:36 PM
    HI all & thanx for da advice... Went to ATT & in 1 min the guy did a "Power & Vol. shutdown. Did a restart & that was that. Besides loosing my play lists...? the phone is normal. Running fine. He said sometimes you get a processor lock up, like in Windows "blue screen of death". Works fine now...
    Question is, they gave me 5 extra "decision days". Keeep it or get another? ...... M-8.. I really like the phone & system. Came frm a G3... Don't really like Sams system & junkware...
    BTW, in the original issue, all I did was try & change a few camera settings. I always close apps too.....
    05-02-2014 04:18 AM
    HI all & thanx for da advice... Went to ATT & in 1 min the guy did a "Power & Vol. shutdown. Did a restart & that was that. Besides loosing my play lists...? the phone is normal. Running fine. He said sometimes you get a processor lock up, like in Windows "blue screen of death". Works fine now...
    Question is, they gave me 5 extra "decision days". Keeep it or get another? ...... M-8.. I really like the phone & system. Came frm a G3... Don't really like Sams system & junkware...
    BTW, in the original issue, all I did was try & change a few camera settings. I always close apps too.....
    Be on the safe side, replace it while you still can.
    05-02-2014 06:59 AM
    Before you return it, try changing those camera settings again. If the same thing happens, bring the phone back, and tell the rep to sit on it.LOL
    05-02-2014 09:24 AM
    Before you return it, try changing those camera settings again. If the same thing happens, bring the phone back, and tell the rep to sit on it.LOL
    RETURNED Device... New M8 Is Great!
    Thanks all!
    05-04-2014 09:01 AM
    The phone may have been just fine.....But smart move replacing it. Any time there was any hiccup, bad reception, screen blinks funny, you would always wonder if the phone was broken. It is worth the peace of mind.

Dave
    05-04-2014 03:40 PM