Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Capt Gary
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry M8 Complete Failure!

Using my camera last nite & changed some settings. The screen went blank (dark blue ) & then gone... All functions.. or so I thought. 1/3 of the screen works in portrait mode...This phone is in use for 12 daze... Getting Super Hot too. Great hand warmer now. That's it.
    Phone is 12 daze old. Going to ATT now. I will follow up... Any-1 have ideas?

Default Re: M8 Complete Failure!

Head straight over to AT&T. 12 day old phone? No excuses.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by 2:

Seems like a major failure. I would try a factory data reset, might not help but worth a shot

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    1,616 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Yeah, I would exchange it, that's just not right.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Head straight over to AT&T. 12 day old phone? No excuses.
    This.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    1,647 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Gary View Post
    changed some settings.
    What settings did you change?
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.

Global Posts
    1,616 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

A simple settings change should not cause a catastrophic failure. If there is a setting that can it should come with a warning screen prior to implementing the change.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

HI all & thanx for da advice... Went to ATT & in 1 min the guy did a "Power & Vol. shutdown. Did a restart & that was that. Besides loosing my play lists...? the phone is normal. Running fine. He said sometimes you get a processor lock up, like in Windows "blue screen of death". Works fine now...
    Question is, they gave me 5 extra "decision days". Keeep it or get another? ...... M-8.. I really like the phone & system. Came frm a G3... Don't really like Sams system & junkware...
    BTW, in the original issue, all I did was try & change a few camera settings. I always close apps too.....

HI all & thanx for da advice... Went to ATT & in 1 min the guy did a "Power & Vol. shutdown. Did a restart & that was that. Besides loosing my play lists...? the phone is normal. Running fine. He said sometimes you get a processor lock up, like in Windows "blue screen of death". Works fine now...
    Question is, they gave me 5 extra "decision days". Keeep it or get another? ...... M-8.. I really like the phone & system. Came frm a G3... Don't really like Sams system & junkware...
    BTW, in the original issue, all I did was try & change a few camera settings. I always close apps too.....
    Be on the safe side, replace it while you still can.
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off

Global Posts
    4,070 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0.1(stock)

Before you return it, try changing those camera settings again. If the same thing happens, bring the phone back, and tell the rep to sit on it.LOL
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Before you return it, try changing those camera settings again. If the same thing happens, bring the phone back, and tell the rep to sit on it.LOL
    RETURNED Device... New M8 Is Great!
    Thanks all!

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

The phone may have been just fine.....But smart move replacing it. Any time there was any hiccup, bad reception, screen blinks funny, you would always wonder if the phone was broken. It is worth the peace of mind.

Dave