Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default calendar not sycing?

    anyone else having the same problem?
    I made sure in settings all the right calendars are check, but I see no entries at all
  2. #2  

    Default Re: calendar not sycing?

    Download the Google calendar app.

    Sent from my HTC One M8
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    ChrisGonzales90's Avatar

    Posts
    310 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: calendar not sycing?

    Are your sync settings correct?If this is under your Google account, make sure each calendar type is checked.


    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    Download the Google calendar app.

    Sent from my HTC One M8
    ROFL there's no need for that.

    Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

    2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.
  4. #4  
    Dogmann's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

    Default Re: calendar not sycing?

    @ChrisGonzales90

    Actually although the HTC Calendar app was working fine and looked nice as well as syncing with no problems i downloaded and now use the Google Calendar app for one big reason i couldn't stand the fact that the HTC version didn't show the day of the week and maybe it was just me but i couldn't find a way to enable it and for me seeing the day is important. It works exactly the same as the HTC app and shows all the same notifications on the lock screen and every where else i need it to so for me it is the better choice others of course are free to feel different.

    Marc
    HTC One M8 16GB Gun Metal Grey WWE
    Motorola Xoom
    The only problem with common sense is that it's just not that common.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: calendar not sycing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmann View Post
    @ChrisGonzales90

    Actually although the HTC Calendar app was working fine and looked nice as well as syncing with no problems i downloaded and now use the Google Calendar app for one big reason i couldn't stand the fact that the HTC version didn't show the day of the week and maybe it was just me but i couldn't find a way to enable it and for me seeing the day is important. It works exactly the same as the HTC app and shows all the same notifications on the lock screen and every where else i need it to so for me it is the better choice others of course are free to feel different.

    Marc
    I agree 100% thus my post. Always worked better than the stock app.
  6. #6  
    ChrisGonzales90's Avatar

    Posts
    310 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default

    I have no issues with the stock app. I made sure sync was correct and went under settings to make sure all my calendar were checked.

    Stock isn't perfect but neither is google products

    Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

    2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: calendar not sycing?

    thanks guys. i download the google calendar and it seems to be working now!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: calendar not sycing?

    Happy to hear. Always baffles me when posters think an HTC app works better than the creator of the OS.

    Sent from my HTC One M8
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: calendar not sycing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    Happy to hear. Always baffles me when posters think an HTC app works better than the creator of the OS.

    Sent from my HTC One M8
    ya i am not a big fan of non-google apps... calendars... mail... browser
    First thing i do is replace it all
  10. #10  
    ChrisGonzales90's Avatar

    Posts
    310 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: calendar not sycing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    Happy to hear. Always baffles me when posters think an HTC app works better than the creator of the OS.

    Sent from my HTC One M8
    because some of us know how to operate them....

    if it were that great, it would be on every android phone.....
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

    2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: calendar not sycing?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGonzales90 View Post
    because some of us know how to operate them....

    if it were that great, it would be on every android phone.....
    I don't understand your point. Why would HTC, Samsung, etc. promote a Google product over their own designed app? If your statement was true there would be no need for the Play store.
  12. #12  
    Dogmann's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

    Default Re: calendar not sycing?

    @ChrisGonzales90

    As i said i didn't have a problem with how the HTC Calendar app worked as it sync'd fine my only issue with it was the fact it showed the date but not the day of the week so if you are suggesting it was me that didn't know how to operate it properly please tell me how i can get it to display the day of the week? If you can't then it appears far from being my user error it's the simple fact that the HTC Calendar app is lacking in comparison to the Google Calendar app and my reason for choosing one over the other is valid isn't it?

    Marc
    HTC One M8 16GB Gun Metal Grey WWE
    Motorola Xoom
    The only problem with common sense is that it's just not that common.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: calendar not sycing?

    Hi calendar experts. Just bought the H8 and loving it so far.

    One thing I can't figure out how to do is to see a different calendar that IS NOT Exchange based or Google based. Possible?

    Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 12:11 PM
  2. Serious battery issue, not under warranty.
    By reptar fingers in forum HTC One
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 07:01 AM
  3. why is phone not recognising otg cable
    By sunil hirani in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 11:19 AM

Posting Permissions