Analyzing Battery Drain - APPS? & Anybody Using SnapDragon Battery Guru?

ArcticFamily

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
My new phone battery life was IMO, very good. As I've added apps to my M8, the battery life has become less than great, but I do NOT blame the phone. I must have something doing the damage and the build in Power analysis doesn't help me nail it down.

Has anybody used SnapDragon's Battery Guru for snapdragon chipped phones?
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.xiam.snapdragon.app&token=auWnMf23

Recommendations for Battery drain / users analysis or tracking?
DU Battery Saver?
Battery Doctor?
Bettery Battery Stats?

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
My new phone battery life was IMO, very good. As I've added apps to my M8, the battery life has become less than great, but I do NOT blame the phone. I must have something doing the damage and the build in Power analysis doesn't help me nail it down.

Has anybody used SnapDragon's Battery Guru for snapdragon chipped phones?
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.xiam.snapdragon.app&token=2XSxuezV

Recommendations for Battery drain / users analysis or tracking?
DU Battery Saver?
Battery Doctor?
Bettery Battery Stats?

I've used Qualcomm's app before, and it's designed to be more user-friendly than anything so it doesn't provide too much detail, IMO. It also did weird things with my Wi-Fi by turning it on/off at the wrong times...

Better Battery Stats is alright, though can be confusing to navigate through and analyze.

I found GSam Battery Monitor to be a nice middle ground between ease of use and detail. There is also a root companion app to get more detail, but it does give you a lot without needing root access.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I've used Qualcomm's app before, and it's designed to be more user-friendly than anything so it doesn't provide too much detail, IMO. It also did weird things with my Wi-Fi by turning it on/off at the wrong times...

Better Battery Stats is alright, though can be confusing to navigate through and analyze.

I found GSam Battery Monitor to be a nice middle ground between ease of use and detail. There is also a root companion app to get more detail, but it does give you a lot without needing root access.

+1 for gsam. Probably the most widely used battery monitor app, at least on these forums

Posted via Android Central App