Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lock Screen Authentication Issue?

Although this admits my stupidity (at times), I was playing around with the lock screen settings last night. I set the "pattern" lock screen setting for the phone. Then, I entered the "pattern" wrong multiple times. Next, I clicked the "forgot pattern" tab. It then prompted me to enter my gmail address and password. Even though I entered it correctly numerous times, it still would not authenticate and unlock the device (even after waiting the 30 seconds each time).

Though I was just testing it, does anyone know why this may have occurred? I'm thinking it may have to do with the "power saver" being enabled; therefore, not connecting with the internet. However, I am not entirely sure. Just thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone else has had similar issues.

Default Re: Lock Screen Authentication Issue?

So did you get your phone unlocked? Your phone will still connect to the internet in power saving mode. Unless maybe you were in extreme power saving.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah, I did once I entered the right pattern. I was just testing it to see how it would work. It was in extreme power saving mode since the battery was under 10%. Just thought that was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ADenney360 View Post
    Yeah, I did once I entered the right pattern. I was just testing it to see how it would work. It was in extreme power saving mode since the battery was under 10%. Just thought that was interesting.
    Yeah that very well could have been the issue then.