Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default M8 Speakers louder, but "better" than M7 ??

I've enjoyed the HTC One (M7) for over a year now and consider it "the" best phone speakers yet. I bought an M8 and and have enjoyed the speed, Sense 6.0 etc. However, the "boom sound" equalizer is unchangeable when listening through the speakers on the M8 !! I enjoy the "Beats" equalizer on the M7 and being able to turn off and tweak it to my liking. In a side by side test on the same songs, same bit rate etc- I prefer the M7 Sound (even if it is 25% lower in volume) . Is there a way yet to disable the "boom sound" software for speaker playback on the M8? I have heard about the Harmon Kardon special edition coming to Sprint- but I will not be a Sprint customer...

Default Re: M8 Speakers louder, but "better" than M7 ??

No you can't. BoomSound eq is always on when using the external speakers on the phone.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: M8 Speakers louder, but "better" than M7 ??

This came out tonight! There is hope of having a Harmon Kardon AT&T M8:Hack Enables Harman/Kardon Software On All HTC One M8 Handsets

It even flashes the firmware on the audio codec- Anyone have S off and want to try it?