Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Your experiences with warranty claims

In the 15 years or so that I have had cell phones, I have never had one go bad or broken one and have also never purchased the extended warranty or accidental damage. I read in some forums where some people drop them all the time so I guess I must be a little more careful because I have only dropped my last smartphone one time on something other than carpet. Anyways, considering those accidental damage policies have a $100 deductible anyways to get a refurbished product, I don't think those are worth it for me. If I break it myself, that is something I can deal with, plus all the money I have saved over the years can go towards fixing it. Anyways, what I am really interested in is the actual warranty of the phone in case the phone goes bad. I know it is a 1 year warranty, plus purchasing it with the credit card doubles it, but how are warranty claims handled? How long are you without your phone typically? In the past, I have always kept my previous phone as a backup just in case I need it, but considering I can still get over $100 for it right now, I am wondering if I am better off just selling it now. Just wondering what people's experiences have been with manufacturer warranty claims in the past.

Default Re: Your experiences with warranty claims

I actually had my M7 sent in for a camera replacement because of that purple tint issue. It was really easy. Called the HTC support number, set up a case with them, they emailed a pre-paid shipping label and instructions. I sent the phone with insurance covering the cost of the phone. They had it for about 3 days and I got it back in less than a week. The only charge was my option to include insurance on shipping which wasn't much.
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off