Htc One M8 huge ringtone volume probem!!!!!

mladja85

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I have M8 for three weeks now ( on T-mobile) and not a day goes by that i don't have a problem with ringtone volume decreasing itself and it's always a notch above silent. I tried everything, from resetting all apps to default settings, from resetting entire phone. I even went to T-mobile to diagnose if some of my apps are misbehaving but everything seems ok. 'Quiet ring on pick up' is off and still there is a problem. I also have htc one m7 also running on kitkat 4.4.2 and no problems there. Also i have 2 different phone cases, with or without them there is this problem. Is it the phone, or something else that i haven't tried??!

Help please. I adore the phone and don't wanna return it if i don't have to.

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

mladja85

May 2, 2014
Visit site
And it's only ringtone volume, notifications, media and alarms are at the level that i set them

Posted via Android Central App

LLGolf01

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I have had this problem too. Anyone figured something out? Due to this my alarm didn't go off this morning and made me late for a meeting. So mad.

WillGrant

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I also have experienced this serious problem, and quite frequently. It has caused me to miss a number of important calls. Why can't the ring volume be locked in some easy way to insure that the ring volume does not change unless a couple of keys are pressed, maybe simultaneously, to unlock it?

If I had known of this problem before l bought the HTC One M8, I would not have bought the phone. HTC should get a software update to solve this serious problem and/or post the solution prominently on its M8 "how to" website.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have your ringtone volume linked with the notifications as one volume control in settings? If so then do they both go down on their own? The reason I ask is because if they are linked they should both go down or up at the same time and at the same level. Whereas if they are separated like the default setting then only the ringtone should go down when you accidentally press the volume control button on the side of the phone while it is in your pocket. hint-hint

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I actually have the opposite problem. Mine seems to go up in volume instead of down. I mean so loud it hurts me ears. The volume seems erratic on mine anyway. Notifications come in loud or soft randomly without me changing anything. I don't really get why.

hackathon

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I had Same issue with my LG L9. Just install persist app and lock all the volume controls. Problem Solved.
(Lock Volumes in Notification bar and check your mobile calling from multiple times from multiple numbers to your number by checking its functioning). It works for me.All the best

Laurie Mclachlan

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Having this exact problem. I turn it up and i can sit there watch as it automatically decreases. Hell, as I type this, the little volume slider keeps popping up trying to turn down even though it's at minimum. Currently not even touching the keys on the side and neither is the case it's in. What. The. Hell.

TGaT

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I am also having this issue and unable to find a fix, mine randomly turns to vibrate, or when turning the volume up it will go up and back down.

Also experiencing an issue with the power button randomly not working. Currently stuck on the boot menu and cant select anything!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000