Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Incoming mail notifications

On my Razr, I just used the default mail program but I liked that whenever I got a new email, it would show a different color notification icon in the bar for each different account. Is there a way to do that on this phone, and if not, is there a good email program to use that would do that?

Default Re: Incoming mail notifications

Quote Originally Posted by dman76 View Post
    On my Razr, I just used the default mail program but I liked that whenever I got a new email, it would show a different color notification icon in the bar for each different account. Is there a way to do that on this phone, and if not, is there a good email program to use that would do that?
    On my M8, they are all separated. They're not different colors, but they are clearly different accounts and it's not easy to get them confused.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

You are talking about up in the notification bar? If I have a new email in each of the three accounts I have, it shows 3 envelopes but they all look exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dman76 View Post
    You are talking about up in the notification bar? If I have a new email in each of the three accounts I have, it shows 3 envelopes but they all look exactly the same.
    Sounds odd, mine specifically has the name of each email account next to each envelope.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing? I can't imagine how there would be room to have the name of each email account next to the tiny envelope in the notification bar. If I just view the accounts from the email app, it has them in different colors and says their name.