why the HK M8?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
hardware is identical. I'm sure there will be a hack in the near future to get HK features for everyone else.

There already is for all Sprint versions. You can download the Rom that unlocks these software enhancements

Posted via Android Central App

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I would use the roms but I don't know what to do with them or how to install them
There is already. Search XDA for it. It's there.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

I would use the roms but I don't know what to do with them or how to install them
There is already. Search XDA for it. It's there.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

You have to be rooted and running a custom recovery in order to flash them.

Posted via Android Central App

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Are any of them actually working or doing anything noticeable? From what I read on xda changing the xml file didn't offer any noticeable changes.

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Are any of them actually working or doing anything noticeable? From what I read on xda changing the xml file didn't offer any noticeable changes.

Just changing the default.xml file in the stock ROM will enable the menu settings, but will not enable the actual equalizers, because the necessary files are not included in the stock kernel. You have to flash the HK ROM and kernel to enable everything on a non-HK phone. And reports are that the settings do make a difference.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Based on what it says it does, it's likely trying to filling in information that is lost in compression. That's not something that is going to be night and day, or necessarily even be an improvement depending on the quality of the music you're listening to. If it has other aspects to it, like fixed equalization a la Beats and Boomsound, then a lot of people won't like it because the idea of a universal EQ setting for all music is flawed.

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I contacted my local Sprint store about the HK M8 availability and they told me next week. I asked them if there would be a actual ota update to bring these features to the OG m8 and they said they will have a HTC rep in the Store next week and will ask them. To call back n a week. So hopefully we will get Good News

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I contacted my local Sprint store about the HK M8 availability and they told me next week. I asked them if there would be a actual ota update to bring these features to the OG m8 and they said they will have a HTC rep in the Store next week and will ask them. To call back n a week. So hopefully we will get Good News
It's highly doubtful you'll get an OTA to enable HK audio. The rep just either didn't know (as they usually don't) or was just giving you an answer to pacify you. Don't hold your breath on an OTA for HK audio because it's highly unlikely.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I don't like what hTc (and Samsung) is doing.

I know technology moves fast this is ridiculous , weeks after releasing their flagship we get this HK and soon apparently more color options.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I don't like what hTc (and Samsung) is doing.

I know technology moves fast this is ridiculous , weeks after releasing their flagship we get this HK and soon apparently more color options.
Why? This isn't really an improvement or upgrade and, naturally, they're going to do more colors later on to keep interest up.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I've downloaded and flashed this via TWRP. It seems to replace BoomSound. The compression is a little better. Not much else. I'll keep though.

Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom.

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
It's highly doubtful you'll get an OTA to enable HK audio. The rep just either didn't know (as they usually don't) or was just giving you an answer to pacify you. Don't hold your breath on an OTA for HK audio because it's highly unlikely.

we'll see. the tech is already there on the phones.

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
is it hard to do those roms and hacks in order to obtain the HK features. I'm not good with that stuff
I've downloaded and flashed this via TWRP. It seems to replace BoomSound. The compression is a little better. Not much else. I'll keep though.

Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670