Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jd914
  • 1 Post By Beyond Fire
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    Make sure they are critical problems, not personal preference.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    jd914's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    804 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,378 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    Otterbox solely on how ugly and hideous they are...very critical.
    NJMama likes this.
  3. #3  
    Beyond Fire's Avatar

    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    875 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    Otterbox solely on how ugly and hideous they are...very critical.
    This x 9001! Don't know how anyone can stand putting such ugly cases on their phones..

    Sent from my Death Note
    imnraged likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Fire View Post
    This x 9001! Don't know how anyone can stand putting such ugly cases on their phones..

    Sent from my Death Note
    Picture of the case?

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    Any case that doesn't specifically say the ir blaster works

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    Any cases that leave scratches on the phone/don't protect the phone well/cause overheating?

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    I just got the supcase unicorn beetle case in the mail, while it looks good and feels like it will protect, it feels weird because it has a lip on the back, think I'll have at it with some sandpaper lol

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    OtterBox Commuter case for the HTC One M8 is rather sleek in its design in my opinion. The inner silicone case protects of the phone without the possibility of leaving any scratches on the phone...because it's silicone. Then you have the outer plastic shell that protects from drops and whatnot. The plastic shell on mine has a few hairline scratches here and there, but at least it's the case that damaged, not the phone.
  9. #9  
    ivantwilliams's Avatar
    Distinguished

    Posts
    1,500 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,012 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    Stay away from the Otterbox Commuter. Talk about being MORE slippery than the device itself. Just saying, I've been there, done that...
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    Stay away from the Otterbox Commuter. Talk about being MORE slippery than the device itself. Just saying, I've been there, done that...
    I disagree...but I guess everyone has opinions...
  11. #11  
    ivantwilliams's Avatar
    Distinguished

    Posts
    1,500 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,012 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    You don't feel the back of the Commuter case is slippery? Maybe it is just me then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Preformer19 View Post
    I disagree...but I get everyone has opinions...
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    The case that comes with the phone (outside USA)

    My M8 posted this
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    What is the general opinion on the cruzerlite TPU cases?

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    You don't feel the back of the Commuter case is slippery? Maybe it is just me then.
    I do not. Feels fine to me.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    Stay away from the Otterbox Commuter. Talk about being MORE slippery than the device itself. Just saying, I've been there, done that...
    It feels ok to me. I like the back of the case to be a little slick so that it slides in and out of pockets fairly easy. The blue and gray otterbox is also not a bad looking case. I just wish I hadn't been spoiled by a kickstand case. It's hard to go back to anything that doesn't have one now.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    Got a supcase case off Amazon. Awesome deal, and perfect. Even works with the blaster. Frosted clear back, black around edges. Can see back of phone, has awesome grip, but doesn't stick in pockets like silicone.

    $14 shipped. Fits like a glove.

    Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One M8
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    Quote Originally Posted by TriBeard92 View Post
    It feels ok to me. I like the back of the case to be a little slick so that it slides in and out of pockets fairly easy. The blue and gray otterbox is also not a bad looking case. I just wish I hadn't been spoiled by a kickstand case. It's hard to go back to anything that doesn't have one now.
    I've been looking at this for some time...may pick it up soon...

    FlyGrip - Welcome
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Any cases that should be strictly avoided?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Harris View Post
    Got a supcase case off Amazon. Awesome deal, and perfect. Even works with the blaster. Frosted clear back, black around edges. Can see back of phone, has awesome grip, but doesn't stick in pockets like silicone.

    $14 shipped. Fits like a glove.

    Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One M8
    After using this case for a bit, I'm really starting to like it.it feels really protective, feels nice, and adds almost no size to the m8

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. When connecting to a wifi that requires sign in
    By abbeth in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2014, 12:15 PM
  2. This is interesting - Lifeproof Cases for the Galaxy S5
    By fofjjsr in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 08:25 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-03-2014, 10:43 AM
  4. Dot view case brightness
    By jaleelhamidd in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 02:22 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 11:04 AM

Posting Permissions