M8 Wifi connection condundrum!

Davecheese

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just got my M8 this week, but I've hit an odd snag with the WiFi. It connects fine when I'm in the same room as the router, but when I walk downstairs the signal strength drops off and then disconnects, reporting that I'm out of range.

My old HTC Desire HD was able to find the signal and connect from any room in the house, but for some reason the M8 can't. Other devices connect to the router fine. I've tried rebooting both the M8 and the router, but this has made no difference.

Does any one have any ideas? I called up my carrier (Tesco) who advised that I do a software reset, which if that didn't work I'd have to send it away for repair which could take upto 14 days. I can't be without a phone for so long due to work reasons, so I'm here hoping someone has some suggestions!

Many thanks! :)

Davecheese

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi - thank you for your input!
I performed the clearing of cache as detailed in the instructions (which were very clear) but unfortunately this has made no difference. The signal still drops off significantly when only a short distance away, and then loses it completely. Do you have any other ideas?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi - thank you for your input!
I performed the clearing of cache as detailed in the instructions (which were very clear) but unfortunately this has made no difference. The signal still drops off significantly when only a short distance away, and then loses it completely. Do you have any other ideas?

Might be a bad radio. If you can see if you can exchange the phone

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Davecheese

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I don't follow what you mean by bad radio. Do you mean a radio signal is interferring with it, or that there's a radio gadget on the phone that not working properly?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't follow what you mean by bad radio. Do you mean a radio signal is interferring with it, or that there's a radio gadget on the phone that not working properly?

Second one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair