Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question M8 Wifi connection condundrum!

Hey guys,

Just got my M8 this week, but I've hit an odd snag with the WiFi. It connects fine when I'm in the same room as the router, but when I walk downstairs the signal strength drops off and then disconnects, reporting that I'm out of range.

My old HTC Desire HD was able to find the signal and connect from any room in the house, but for some reason the M8 can't. Other devices connect to the router fine. I've tried rebooting both the M8 and the router, but this has made no difference.

Does any one have any ideas? I called up my carrier (Tesco) who advised that I do a software reset, which if that didn't work I'd have to send it away for repair which could take upto 14 days. I can't be without a phone for so long due to work reasons, so I'm here hoping someone has some suggestions!

Many thanks!

Global Posts
    31,597 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: M8 Wifi connection condundrum!

Hi, and welcome to the forums.
    I would try clearing cache in recovery. See if that helps. Here is how: [Guide] How to reboot into Stock Recovery on HTC One M8
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi - thank you for your input!
    I performed the clearing of cache as detailed in the instructions (which were very clear) but unfortunately this has made no difference. The signal still drops off significantly when only a short distance away, and then loses it completely. Do you have any other ideas?
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    31,597 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Davecheese View Post
    Hi - thank you for your input!
    I performed the clearing of cache as detailed in the instructions (which were very clear) but unfortunately this has made no difference. The signal still drops off significantly when only a short distance away, and then loses it completely. Do you have any other ideas?
    Might be a bad radio. If you can see if you can exchange the phone

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Sorry, I don't follow what you mean by bad radio. Do you mean a radio signal is interferring with it, or that there's a radio gadget on the phone that not working properly?

Global Posts
    31,597 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Davecheese View Post
    Sorry, I don't follow what you mean by bad radio. Do you mean a radio signal is interferring with it, or that there's a radio gadget on the phone that not working properly?
    Second one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app