what do you guys think of the motion launch gestures?

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I really like the double tap and slide gestures, but the camera launch gesture sometimes doesn't work. Any fixes?

Posted via Android Central App

Nilson13

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I really like the double tap and slide gestures, but the camera launch gesture sometimes doesn't work. Any fixes?

I had the same problem with the camera gesture, but it was my fault. You have to make sure you are pointing the camera straight as if you were taking a picture... If it's pointing down or in any other orientation it will not work.

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Massive fan of the gestures as the power button is placed in possibly the worst position ever.

I've downloaded an app that let's me lock the screen when I click on it too.

I wish I could individually turn off gestures....I really only need one. The rest get in the way when I'm carrying my phone and it automatically unlocks itself :p

quarrymanpaul

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Massive fan of the gestures as the power button is placed in possibly the worst position ever.

I've downloaded an app that let's me lock the screen when I click on it too.

I wish I could individually turn off gestures....I really only need one. The rest get in the way when I'm carrying my phone and it automatically unlocks itself :p

Yes. Same problem here. I don't like the swipe to unlock gesture. I accidentally trigger it sometimes.

I don't get why htc didn't allow the user to disable gestures individually.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I was skeptical, but I'm loving it. My original One would frequently turn on I'm my pocket via the power button, and even pocket emailed my customers. The M8 never unlocks in my pocket with the gestures, though it does sometimes unlock when pull it out.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
These gestures make this phone so special. I use all of them al the time and if the phone didn't have them, then it would be difficult to use, since the power button is not that easily accessible

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've only had the phone a day but I have been using the gestures and they all work perfectly.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I love the gestures. Only problem is the sensitivity. I often have the issue where the double tap to wake the phone does not register and I have to either tap on it continuously more the half a dozen times for it to wake up the screen or use the slide motions to get the job done. The slide motions have always worked, never failed. The double tap does at times. That is a bit disconcerting.

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I like the gestures I always use them especially the double knock and the slide up gestures.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
In order for the camera launch to work you need to press the volume button almost immediately after picking it up any delay and it won't work. This was a bad design on htc behalf making it hard to use.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz