Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Preformer19
  • 1 Post By rnich120
  • 1 Post By B0WIE
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a good app to automatically upload pics you take to your home computer?

On my Razr, it came with Motocast which if you set it up on your computer, whenever you take a picture on your phone it would automatically upload it to the computer. I found that very useful and was wondering if there is another app like that which will work with this phone.

Default Re: Is there a good app to automatically upload pics you take to your home computer?

Quote Originally Posted by dman76 View Post
    On my Razr, it came with Motocast which if you set it up on your computer, whenever you take a picture on your phone it would automatically upload it to the computer. I found that very useful and was wondering if there is another app like that which will work with this phone.
    Google +

Only thing I use and it works seamlessly. Once I take pictures on my phone I can go onto Google + on my computer and do what I want with them.
    chowdog13 likes this.

Default Re: Is there a good app to automatically upload pics you take to your home computer?

If you don't use Google + then dropbox is a good option.
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.

Dropbox. Bitcasa.

Dropbox, Drive, Box, One Drive, hell, any of the clouds

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Google + works great. If you have it set to upload automatically, all you need to do is log into your Google account and they are all there. It doesn't get easier than that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Ifttt - set it to upload all pics to Google drive maybe?

Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts

Dropbox works the best if you want the pics on your computer's hard drive.

If you are ok with the cloud, then google + does a good job as well.

any cloud service

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

drop box. simple and straight forward. nothing thats "in your face" like google plus seems to do.

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Dropbox works the best if you want the pics on your computer's hard drive.

If you are ok with the cloud, then google + does a good job as well.
    dropbox IS the cloud......
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.

If you aren't comfortable with uploading to cloud services you can always make your own.

Owncloud has a server version that runs on Windows and there is a client for Android. The client has "auto-upload". Granted, if you go out of town and take pictures it won't upload unless you setup your server for full internet access(which I never recommend for security reasons) but when you bring your phone home and connect to your wifi your pictures will automatically upload.

photobucket does this.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGonzales90 View Post
    drop box. simple and straight forward. nothing thats "in your face" like google plus seems to do.

dropbox IS the cloud......
    Yep but a local copy is also on the PC. That's my biggest gripe with G+.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

If you have Windows 8 I recommend OneDrive just because of how well it interacts. Otherwise Dropbox is great .

Sent using Tapatalk

Dropbox is great for this. They aren't the info harvesters Google are so I'd rather support them anyway.
    tryatt likes this.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jhguth View Post
    If you have Windows 8 I recommend OneDrive just because of how well it interacts. Otherwise Dropbox is great .

Sent using Tapatalk
    OneDrive works perfectly well on Macs as well.

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

Quote Originally Posted by DrWu View Post
    Ifttt - set it to upload all pics to Google drive maybe?

How can we set Google Drive to automatically upload our photos when we are on a wi-fi connection (like we do on Dropbox)?