Google contacts and phone contacts

jaleelhamidd

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Is their away to delete my gmail contacts and replace the contacts in my phone to my gmail

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Well you can easily delete all your gmail contacts through Google.com/contacts
There's a check box at the top of the page to select all contacts and then you can choose to delete them all.

I don't know an easy way to transfer all your phone contacts onto Google other than just selecting each one to be synced with Google...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Google can import from a file... and your phone can export to a file. Go into the contacts app, MANAGE CONTACTS-EXPORT. You need to take the file you export, get it to a computer somehow, and import into Google from a PC. As noted above, it is pretty easy to delete stuff on Google, and you will need to use Gmail on a PC to clean up the contacts after import. Once you get it set once, then it is pretty easy to add and maintain from the phone going forward.

If you are trying to export from a different phone that does not have that function baked in, you should be able to stop at a carrier store and have them export it to a file for you. Probably for a fee. Otherwise, you need to do it manually that first time. Lots of us had to do it the hard way the first time.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can.

1. Go to the contacts app. Make sure you filter on only Google contact.

2. Tap menu. Then delete contacts. Tap the menu again to select all.

3. Delete.

4. Now change the filter to your phone contacts.

5. Tap menu and then manage contacts.
6. Tap export to sd. This will create a file on your phone.

7. In the same menu settings, Tap import.

8. Select the Google account to import then to.

9. Done.

Posted via Android Central App