Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Transferring data from Iphone 5S backup to HTC One M8 - not able to find backup what to do?

I'm having trouble with using the backup from my previous Iphone 5S to my new HTC One M8.

I have made several backups and using Itunes Im always able to make a complete restore.

Im on a macbook air. The newest Itunes version.

But using HTC Sync manager Im only getting to the point: Transfer and Backup, Iphone, getting started. I only get the message We cannot find any backup of your Iphone in Itunes.

I know I have made several backups - any suggestions on what to do?

Default Re: Transferring data from Iphone 5S backup to HTC One M8 - not able to find backup what to do?

Usually it allows you to select the backup file :S as in you just go to the place where you stored the backup file you made via iTunes. Even on HTC's site the official method is as
    Use iTunes 9.0 or later to create your iPhone backup to your computer

Connect your HTC phone to your computer

Download and open HTC Sync Manager on your computer

Click More > iPhone Transfer and click Get Started

Select the iPhone backup file and click OK

Select the types of content from your iPhone you want to transfer

Click Start and you’re ready!

Anyhow, try creating a fresh backup file from your iPhone and see if that helps. If not, go to iTunes and see whether there are any backup files there or not

Default Re: Transferring data from Iphone 5S backup to HTC One M8 - not able to find backup what to do?

Contact management on Android is a bit more involved (or so it seems to me). I realize I'm a newbie at the OS (only had my M8 2 weeks), so I'm trying to understand how it handles all the contact info. At one point I had 4 contact databases on the M8. Google, iCloud version, AT&T version, and the phone's version.

Have gotten back to only having 2 contact databases now (Google and iCloud's), after rooting, installing SU, and S-OFF, as well as flashing the stock Google Play Edition ROM. I'm sure it wasn't necessary to do all that, but I like to play with the UI a lot. I'm understanding just a bit more about the OS now But still reading/trying/learning a lot.

Originally, I was able to use the HTC process. But, there are also several apps that can help. I use this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...carddav.icloud

No affiliation or anything. Just a user of the app.

HTH.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I allready did that, but no backup found,even though that I successfully did a restore from backup on my girlfriend's iPhone.

I have the newest iTunes installed on my MacBook air.

hey,

is your back up on itunes encrypted? i had the same problem until i turned the back up encryption password off, backed up again, then i could find it? hope this helps.

so helpful, allowed me to backup from iPhone, thanks!

re. hey,

is your back up on itunes encrypted? i had the same problem until i turned the back up encryption password off, backed up again, then i could find it? hope this helps.

I've been trying to get htc sync to recognise my back up but it just isnt! my back up could be encrypted, but how do i turn the password off??