Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to download attachments

How do I save an attachment I get in an email? I emailed myself a file I wanted to save on the phone and I did not see an option to save it. Even with photos, the only way I saw to save them was to open them with a viewer and save them from there. Is there a way to directly save an attachment in the default email program?

Default Re: How to download attachments

You don't have this option on your attachments?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No, but it looks like you are in gmail. I'm talking about from other accounts in the default email program. I don't see a save option.

Quote Originally Posted by dman76 View Post
    No, but it looks like you are in gmail. I'm talking about from other accounts in the default email program. I don't see a save option.
    Ah my fault. Well I just used the email app with this same attachment. All I did was click on the attachment and it brang me to another screen with the attachment name on it, which I clicked on, and it downloaded and saved to my downloads folder. Is that not what you want?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

When I click on the attachment in the email, it pops up a think asking me which program I want to open it with (Amazon Kindle for example with a PDF) and then it opens the file. I can save the file from within that program, but it never gave me an option to just save the file. So if I were to receive a file that cannot be opened with any app, how would I save it? Mine did not bring up a separate screen with the attachment name.

Quote Originally Posted by dman76 View Post
    When I click on the attachment in the email, it pops up a think asking me which program I want to open it with (Amazon Kindle for example with a PDF) and then it opens the file. I can save the file from within that program, but it never gave me an option to just save the file. So if I were to receive a file that cannot be opened with any app, how would I save it? Mine did not bring up a separate screen with the attachment name.
    What email client are you using? I can only try it with gmail but I would imagine it'd be the same with all different email accounts.

So this is the screen I get after clicking on the attachments. Three different types of files.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I am just using the stock email client for my exchange server account and two pop accounts. I tried sending a mail to my gmail account (which I don't really use) and saw the option to save it as you mentioned. I do not see that save option in the stock email client. So if anyone else uses a different email client that allows you to save attachments, please let me know. Thanks.