litte black box?

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Ive noticed while sending text messages ( possibly other Times ). A small black Box will Flash on the top left hand corner of the phone. Anybody notice this ?

aramos87

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
it happens on my sprint HTC one m8. Too fast to take a screenshot but I believe its the "data usage" service/app. judging my the icon

View attachment 116515

I think you are right, I have the At&t version and my "data manager" icon is what seems to flash. Which is more than likely the same as your "data usage" considering I don't have an app labeled "data usage". And for me this has happened since the m7, I don't pay it much attention though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I think you are right, I have the At&t version and my "data manager" icon is what seems to flash. Which is more than likely the same as your "data usage" considering I don't have an app labeled "data usage". And for me this has happened since the m7, I don't pay it much attention though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I've noticed it say data manager too. If you take a screenshot at the right time with the notification tray open, it won't capture it, but sometimes the notification that flashes will pause for a bit longer and you can see it better.
Its really weird why it does that.

Posted via Android Central App

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Yep Thats the icon. Does Anybody know What it means? I have Sprint with unlimited everythjng so i dont think it has to do with going over my data limit

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Yep Thats the icon. Does Anybody know What it means? I have Sprint with unlimited everythjng so i dont think it has to do with going over my data limit

Might have to do with the separate radios as you can not use data and voice at the same time.

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8

kumudnepal

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Its definitely the Data Manager app. Turns out the Data Manager (at least on ATT) app also logs in how many texts are sent and received - hence why it runs in the background and the phantom notification icon appears briefly and dissapears. Bothers me quite a bit too.

blink1me82

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed this today! Couldn't figure out what it was, but after reading these posts I know it's ATT's data manager. At least it won't bother me as much now that I know what it is.

Brian Kau

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
My "data screen" black box started appearing on my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 a month ago, when the battery started "blowing up". Changed the battery, and defaulted to factory settings, but it still appears. Anybody else seen this happen?