- 31 Posts
Traveling Internationally... Turn off Background refresh?
I'm going to Canada on Wednesday and had to buy one of those over-priced data packages.
I'm coming from an iphone where there was a big menu where you could see which apps used mobile data and could turn it off for specific apps. I know I can turn off all mobile data, but when I do need it i dont want to turn it on and have every app on my phone start pulling down content.
- 05-05-2014, 02:25 PM #2
- 31 Posts
Re: Traveling Internationally... Turn off Background refresh?
So i found the "restrict background data" option in the data manager.
So if i turn sync off, and turn restrict background data on, I will still be able to access mobile data with apps, just only when I am manually using the apps. For example, Cloud Magic wont check for and download new mail, but when i access the app, it will?
- 05-05-2014, 04:22 PM #4
- 05-05-2014, 05:09 PM #5
- 05-05-2014, 05:24 PM #6
- 05-05-2014, 06:51 PM #7
- 05-05-2014, 07:13 PM #8
- By Ttyler_0 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 03-10-2015, 04:16 AM
- By WhiteiPadMini in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 05-05-2014, 01:40 PM
- By Ttyler_0 in forum HTC One XReplies: 1Last Post: 05-05-2014, 09:18 AM
- By Gega1234 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 05-05-2014, 08:44 AM
- By coronaboy10 in forum HTC One M8 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 05-05-2014, 08:02 AM