Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need help with blocking SMS messages on Verizon HTC One M8

I apologize if this has already been asked, but I have no option on my Verizon HTC One M8 to block text/SMS messages from a user using the default messaging app. HTC and Verizon both say to hold down on the message and an option should pop up with "block" - but it just isn't there. Likewise, the block option on the contact screen only specifically says block calls from the user - says nothing about text messages. I spoke with HTC and they said they didn't know why the option wasn't there (?????) but to try a third party blocking app or block users with Verizon. I tried several apps and none block text messages - I still get text messages from people on my block list. Does anyone know what's going on with this? It seems like the Verizon version of the phone doesn't have this feature and it seems incompatible with other apps. Is there a solution besides adding numbers to the Verizon block list?

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Default Re: Need help with blocking SMS messages on Verizon HTC One M8

Handcent Messaging app has a Blacklist feature which blocks notification and popups of a blacklisted contact and their messages won't be shown. I am on Verizon and I could not find a feature like that on the Stock Messaging app.
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

ROM
    Go Launcher

If you hold down on the message, and then click "Open contact", then go to the bottom of that person, you can find "Block Contact" as an option.
    Obviously, the person has to be in your address book in order to block them.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

On my phone it only says this will block calls from that contact (which it does). It doesn't block SMS messages nor does it say it will...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the suggestion. I installed Handcent and it works perfectly! I still wish I had the block feature that is built into other M8 versions though...

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Grossman View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I installed Handcent and it works perfectly! I still wish I had the block feature that is built into other M8 versions though...
    Awesome, Glad it worked for you.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.