Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: my phone is usually 98 degrees and when charging, it's 103. is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by thepurpleturtle View Post
    Doesn't the heat accelerate the degradation of the battery?

Posted via Android Central App
    In general, yes. Avoid situations where the phone seems to be at its hottest (ex. charging while voice calling / extended gps or data usage). I would assume most phones will auto shut-off or provide a warning. Even my 4S provided a temperature warning once when I left it on the dash in the sun while it was charging and streaming music
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Default Re: my phone is usually 98 degrees and when charging, it's 103. is that normal?

My factory reset fixed it, now I just have to fix battery life

Quote Originally Posted by thepurpleturtle View Post
    You should probably return it too lol

He shouldn't. If you're using a phone.. Active data.. Charging.. It's going to heat up. My Note 3 does it.. My previous M7 did it.. All my phones. Charging heats it up.. Put that with usage and it heats up easily. .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

My phone gets to 100 occasionally, but that's when there's a runaway app that's causing the CPU to drain battery.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Good time to catch this topic. My phone gets pretty warm when I use it. Gsam battery has the temperature at 107f

It doesn't get uncomfortable but my otterbox case gets warm to where I start to smell the case. It's not a burning smell or anything like that but I'm noticing it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    Good time to catch this topic. My phone gets pretty warm when I use it. Gsam battery has the temperature at 107f

It doesn't get uncomfortable but my otterbox case gets warm to where I start to smell the case. It's not a burning smell or anything like that but I'm noticing it.
    I factory reset and it fixed it. Try that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My uncle got an M8 today. I sent him a couple "things to watch for" including this one. I am surprised tho, metal should conduct heat away pretty effectively. My Flex has a 1.8A adapter and I played Minecraft for a couple hours charging from 2% without any warming. My tablet with 2.0A adapter does get warm along the bottom inch of case and the battery heats up a little.

Those heavy foam cases just about strangle your heat dissipation tho, throttling is guaranteed with sustained usage.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12