my phone is usually 98 degrees and when charging, it's 103. is that normal?

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Is that normal?

Posted via Android Central App

After reviewing mine with gsam for a couple days, I'd say no. My phone usually stays between 74℉ and 84?, the highest being 90℉. Anybody else? I also get about 17 hours total with four and a half hours screen time on Battery before charging at around 15%

Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
FYI that's with power saver mode on and the brightness all the way up.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
When I had my M8, the highest I ever saw it when charging was 88 degrees.

98 degrees does seem high, not saying it is abnormal but I will let others chime into share their thoughts.

After reviewing mine with gsam for a couple days, I'd say no. My phone usually stays between 74℉ and 84?, the highest being 90℉. Anybody else? I also get about 17 hours total with four and a half hours screen time on Battery before charging at around 15%

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Mine's charging at the moment after doing a backup in TWRP. It's showing 97?F in GSAM. It's already dropped 2? since starting this response.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
If you're taking in-use temps, that sounds completely normal. I'm pretty sure mine gets over 103 when browsing if I keep my hand flat against the back.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
But does it get uncomfortable?

If I have it flat against my palm for more than 15min. Yea, it burns a little and I have to adjust. I have huge hands so I probably hold it differently than most but it gets uncomfortably hot at times, and that's w/ no case, just a skin.

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
If I have it flat against my palm for more than 15min. Yea, it burns a little and I have to adjust. I have huge hands so I probably hold it differently than most but it gets uncomfortably hot at times, and that's w/ no case, just a skin.

You should probably return it too lol

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Are there any phone experts here to know if a sustained temperature of 106? will cause permanent damage to the battery, it'd be amazing if someone could answer this and maybe point my way to an article

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
You should probably return it too lol

It's the same with every phone I've owned. No different on the M8. Resist the urge to feel like you're suffering some sort of anomaly. Too many people return phones w/o good reason and all it does is raise prices. I work in electronics and build equipment myself. 106 is not a big deal. If you're looking for someone to tell you it's bad so that you can feel better about returning it, I'm sure you'll find that person. But, you really don't have much to worry about.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante