Still no power saving mode...seriously?

mmmcheesedanish

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
This phone's been out for almost a month and a half for Verizon and not just the extreme power saver but also the regular power saver are still no where to be found. Wow

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This phone's been out for almost a month and a half for Verizon and not just the extreme power saver but also the regular power saver are still no where to be found. Wow

Verizon removed it from the M7 as well and if I am not mistaken (someone correct me if I'm wrong) they never put it back.

It's Verizon you should be mad at.. Not HTC.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Verizon removed it from the M7 as well and if I am not mistaken (someone correct me if I'm wrong) they never put it back.

It's Verizon you should be mad at.. Not HTC.

Last year Verizon claimed that it was built in on the m7

Posted via Android Central App

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I see so many threads and comments about how many people hate Verizon, but they never switch carriers. Stuck in a contract? Some carriers will pay your ETF if you switch.

The only way Verizon will change is when they start losing customers, which they won't because they have the best network hands down, there's no denying that.

Maybe if HTC does rebound and starts selling as many phones as Apple and Samsung, they can have a say in what happens to their phones once Verizon gets their hands on it, but in the meantime we have to put up with what they think is "best".

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I see so many threads and comments about how many people hate Verizon, but they never switch carriers. Stuck in a contract? Some carriers will pay your ETF if you switch.

The only way Verizon will change is when they start losing customers, which they won't because they have the best network hands down, there's no denying that.

Maybe if HTC does rebound and starts selling as many phones as Apple and Samsung, they can have a say in what happens to their phones once Verizon gets their hands on it, but in the meantime we have to put up with what they think is "best".

Verizon has lost customers for the first time last quarter. They may have the best network yada yada but are compulsive control freaks on top of their overpriced service. I'm personally glad people are waking up and voting with their wallets and choosing better alternatives.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Verizon has lost customers for the first time last quarter. They may have the best network yada yada but are compulsive control freaks on top of their overpriced service. I'm personally glad people are waking up and voting with their wallets and choosing better alternatives.

This. While they didn't lose alot they did actually lose customers for the first time last quarter.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Last year Verizon claimed that it was built in on the m7

It may have changed but when it first came out I remember Verizon Users not having it.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
This. While they didn't lose alot they did actually lose customers for the first time last quarter.

True not a lot but Verizon should be worried because I think it's the beginning of a massive exodus. Let's see what next quarter has in store for Verizon.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It may have changed but when it first came out I remember Verizon Users not having it.

At launch Verizon claimed the m7's power saving mode was built in and didn't need to be turned on or off. That was the reason for exclusion, or so they said

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
At launch Verizon claimed the m7's power saving mode was built in and didn't need to be turned on or off. That was the reason for exclusion, or so they said

Ah okay didn't know they claimed that... That sounds like something they'd say lol :p.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Ah okay didn't know they claimed that... That sounds like something they'd say lol :p.

I'm really surprised they didn't try to claim the same thing for the m8, instead they didn't say a word about it. I'm glad I'm not on Verizon

Zod1010

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I just returned to VZW after a short stint with AT&T. Not only was AT&T's service HORRIBLE compared to VZW's, but their service cost me more.

Perhaps the reason VZW's network is so VASTLY superior to everyone else's is because they' ae control freaks and are careful about what touches their network. I recognize that they can sometimes be over-controlling, but I'll stick with the carrier that actually connects my calls and charges me less to do so. If there is any sort of mass exodus, it will followed by a mass return.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I just returned to VZW after a short stint with AT&T. Not only was AT&T's service HORRIBLE compared to VZW's, but their service cost me more.

Perhaps the reason VZW's network is so VASTLY superior to everyone else's is because they' ae control freaks and are careful about what touches their network. I recognize that they can sometimes be over-controlling, but I'll stick with the carrier that actually connects my calls and charges me less to do so. If there is any sort of mass exodus, it will followed by a mass return.

Verizon has good coverage in my area, but AT&T's is better and cheaper for me. Plus I'm not on contract with them which I really like. Customer service, at least in my experience, has been a lot better as well

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Vastly superior is a very vague term. Do they have coverage in alot of areas? Most definitely.. More than most... But if you're talking overall that is wrong.

Carriers are highly dependent on the area and also someone's needs. In my area T-Mobile LTE is everywhere and the few spots it isn't.. I have HSPA. Unlimited talk, text, and data for 70 a month.. Verizon can't touch that for me right now.. I use to much data to be capped. So my service is great.

In some areas AT&T is better for some.. Price wise.. Or sometimes even coverage. It's safe to say Verizon has the coverage and all that but to say it's the best in every spot.. Is a stretch and a matter of opinion since everyone's needs are different :).

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site

I sell phones for a living and have worked/lived in several states. I will say that Verizon has the best coverage, yes, but overall network I think should go to AT&T. Where they have LTE they are twice as fast as Verizon and within the past year, more reliable. Not to mention their prices are now lower.

T-Mobile, who is my carrier of choice , has a bit to catch up in terms of network quality. Their coverage is lacking and their reliability is much lower than the other two guys. They work well where I live, which is great, but overall throughout my travels I often had to use an ATT or Verizon hotspot in order to make my service work out.

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Is power saving that big of a deal in all honesty? I don't turn off any features I use to save battery and I'm still getting a 24 hour battery life with constant use. Considering I use it for games, spotify, work email and calls the battery life on this phone is pretty amazing for an android. All my previous android and iPhone rarely get this good of a battery life. I throw my phone on the charger every night when I go to bed so its fully charged in the morning. I doubt the power saving mode will ever be used.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance