anon(8481482)

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My first JUMP upgrade is coming up in June. Seriously debating going to the M8. Just wanting some feedback from others who had made the switch. Upsides? Downsides? Thanks.

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
This phone is pretty much flawless once you but a case(I recommend the supcase unicorn beetle case). Should be great battery life, amazing screen, the camera is actually pretty good as long as you don't spend all day zooming into your photos. And the speakers are great. If you want a.new phone now. Get it.

Posted via Android Central App

dmack0706

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
If u love the m7 u will truly love the M8. Had M7 for 7 months and thought I would miss the square design but the M8 looks a lot beter. even when M7 gets new software.

From the one M8

aquatichedgehog

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
One of the first reviews of the M8 I read said something along the lines of: the most remarkable thing about the M8 is that it makes the M7 seem low-tech (I paraphrase, can't remember the exact quote). I completely agree. I had an M7 since launch day, and I loved it. I got an M8 on launch day (wife's upgrade, she now has my old M7), and I love it. It's not a revolutionary upgrade, but definitely worth it. When I first got it I kind of thought that it wasn't that different, but after 6 weeks with it it's hard to go back to the M7. There are myriad ways in which it's just a little nicer: the look, feel, responsiveness, battery life. Motion launch is awesome, the quick charge feature is nice too (although the charge rate of the M7 never bothered me). The notification LED is brighter and more noticable. The *only* thing I prefer on the M7 is that you can snap a pic or start a video from the same camera screen, on the M8 you have to change the mode. As the above poster said, if you love the M7, you'll love the M8.

PaulG1488

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I just jumped from the m7 to the m8 2 days ago and I couldn't be happier. I had the m7 for 9 months and loved it as well. My only regret is not JUMPing to it sooner.

anon(8481482)

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Good to hear. I was 95% sure I was going to switch. Just to see how the JUMP program worked. Listening to Mr. Oldman and asking the internet lol.

anon(8481482)

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I just jumped from the m7 to the m8 2 days ago and I couldn't be happier. I had the m7 for 9 months and loved it as well. My only regret is not JUMPing to it sooner.

Did you have to have half of the phone paid off? Been curious about that since I signed up before they made that change to the rules....

isitme

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I thought the build quality was the most noticeable difference. The M7 was the prototype and the M8 was the finished product.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought the build quality was the most noticeable difference. The M7 was the prototype and the M8 was the finished product.

+1, I would agree with this as well. At least that's what it seems like to me

anon(8481482)

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
No I'm still grandfathered in to the old every 6 months. They may or may not ask you to change but you can still stay on the old jump.
Good to know! That was the one thing I was worried about. I signed up for JUMP before they made the change and didn't know if I would be grandfathered in or not.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Bah I want an M8.... I liked my M7. Just need to find some extra cash... :p.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Bah I want an M8.... I liked my M7. Just need to find some extra cash... :p.

Sell our trade your note 3, if that's an option. I've seen several craigslist posts in my local area of people wanting to trade note 3's for phones like the m8

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sell our trade your note 3, if that's an option. I've seen several craigslist posts in my local area of people wanting to trade note 3's for phones like the m8

I have definitely thought about it just because I really like trying new phones... I do love my Note 3 screen but also the battery swap ability. Sigh.. so torn. Haha :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome