Annoying Tidbits

Fotoav8r

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I love my new phone, but there are a few things that annoy me. I don't think there are solutions, but I thought I'd post to see if there are, and if anyone else is bothered by these things.

The most frustrating issue is that when I input a phone number in to the Dialer, and go back ( recent apps screen usually) to check if it's correct, it disappears when I return to the Dial screen. So I HAVE to memorize any number I want to dial because there is no way to go back and confirm if it's correct after inputing it.

Another is that it's harder to copy numbers than it was on previous phones. When I press on a number in my contacts list, a bunch of options come up EXCEPT for "copy". I have to go in to edit in order to copy the number. Not a huge deal, but don't understand why it's necessary to take that extra step. Maybe I should use a 3rd party contacts list.

There are a few others, but can't think off hand. Would be interested in seeing if anyone else is bothered by these, and any other little annoyances.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I'm following your issues. Maybe I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish though. If you are in a contact, why are you copying a number? You can dial it or share it from the contact.

If you are trying to dial a number from some place else in the phone why not just copy it into the dialer. Then you don't have to go back and forth.

I hope that helps. If I'm missing sonething, let me know. Maybe I didn't understand.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I love my new phone, but there are a few things that annoy me. I don't think there are solutions, but I thought I'd post to see if there are, and if anyone else is bothered by these things.

The most frustrating issue is that when I input a phone number in to the Dialer, and go back ( recent apps screen usually) to check if it's correct, it disappears when I return to the Dial screen. So I HAVE to memorize any number I want to dial because there is no way to go back and confirm if it's correct after inputing it.

Another is that it's harder to copy numbers than it was on previous phones. When I press on a number in my contacts list, a bunch of options come up EXCEPT for "copy". I have to go in to edit in order to copy the number. Not a huge deal, but don't understand why it's necessary to take that extra step. Maybe I should use a 3rd party contacts list.

There are a few others, but can't think off hand. Would be interested in seeing if anyone else is bothered by these, and any other little annoyances.

What's interesting is if you go into the call history and long press a number, the option comes up to copy the number.

What I normally do in this situation is put the number into Note Everything or similar, copy it from there and paste it in dialer.

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

why would you imput a number and not dial it? Most numbers should show up as a link, allowing you to tap it and then dial it. If not just tap and hold on the number then drag the selection over the entire number and tap copy. same can go in your call history. Tap and hold a number and you are given a list of options including edit number before calling...

its not much to memorize a 7-10 digit number (unless you live overseas with those extra long numbers then I can see why you would complain....)

why would you need to copy the number? its there in the call history though

Screenshot_2014-05-06-13-50-23.jpg

nope. not at all

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Your first issue shouldn't exist. Every number is hyperlinked so that you can simply tap on it and the phone number automatically pastes into the dialer.

Is this your issue?

Posted via Android Central App

Fotoav8r

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
My job involves looking at emails and making lots of calls every day to new people that are not in my contact list. I am constantly going back and forth from my gmail account to the dialer, and I can't possibly memorize all the different numbers I deal with, especially with different area codes etc. I have found it unusual that our dialer doesn't keep the number when one (temporarily) leaves it to check another app; in my case referring to the number on my email to make sure I'm inputing it correctly.

All my previous phones kept the number until exiting the app completely. My case is unusual I guess, but I have had to download a 3rd party dialer, just so I can do my job which I thought kind of crazy.

My inability to copy numbers is also a niche problem. The files are sent to me as a PDF, and the numbers are not blue, can cannot be copied in the usual copy and paste method. I am forced to try and memorize them, and I have to do this dozens of times a day.

And I was also wondering why we are unable to copy directly from the contacts list. When I hold down the number, all kinds of options show up except for "copy". I know I can go into edit, and then copy the number, but why the extra step?

Fotoav8r

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
For instance I may be composing an email or a text, and want to give someone a number. Ordinarily, I would go in to contacts, long press the number, and copy it into the email or text. But our dialer does not allow that. I have to go into edit in order to do it. Not a huge deal obviously, but I was just wondering why "copy" is not available when long pressing the number in the contacts list.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Here's my tidbit and maybe I'm overlooking the option but when I go to phone history and look at numbers from a previous day it will not show what time the calls were made or received. Is there a way to get the time to show for previous days calls?

Last edited:

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Except for when someone tells you a number in a voicemail. Or the number can't be dialed from a web browser.

How about instead of criticizing the OP, or telling him he's "doing it wrong", you offer some help.

I have the same issues and wish there was a fix.

aquatichedgehog

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
My inability to copy numbers is also a niche problem. The files are sent to me as a PDF, and the numbers are not blue, can cannot be copied in the usual copy and paste method. I am forced to try and memorize them, and I have to do this dozens of times a day.

sounds like you need a different PDF reader. there a many out there that allow copying of text from within a PDF, which should alleviate your problem. Unless the PDF is based on a picture, and doesn't have actual text data, which would be a bit odd. I personally use ezPDF reader, which I think is great. but I'm sure there are others.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood