Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B0WIE
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tiny scratches and scrapes

So I know there is a thread about scratching of the paint, however I was wondering if anyone, who is using a tpu case, or anything close to it, has noticed tiny little scratches and scrapes on the edge of the phone where the silver lining is? They are barely noticeable, mostly only in the right light, which is why i haven't included any photos. And
    my phone has been in a case pretty much since day one. I noticed them after taking it out today to give it a wipe down. They're pretty much all the way around the phone.

Default Re: Tiny scratches and scrapes

Quote Originally Posted by aramos87 View Post
    So I know there is a thread about scratching of the paint, however I was wondering if anyone, who is using a tpu case, or anything close to it, has noticed tiny little scratches and scrapes on the edge of the phone where the silver lining is? They are barely noticeable, mostly only in the right light, which is why i haven't included any photos. And
    my phone has been in a case pretty much since day one. I noticed them after taking it out today to give it a wipe down. They're pretty much all the way around the phone.
    It's probably just be the grain of the metal brushing . Most people aren't used to a phone like this and some think that area is scratched when it's not.
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    It's probably just be the grain of the metal brushing . Most people aren't used to a phone like this and some think that area is scratched when it's not.
    Its clearly scratched or scraped, the grain is one thing and is clear, but the scrapes are lighter and sporadic, as well as different directions most noticeable near the charging/aux port, and by the power button. I'll see if I can get some photos that show what I am talking about exactly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Here are some pics, its the best I could do. They don't bother me much at all, I am mostly just wondering if its happening to anyone else.

I'm using a Hyperion tpu and I have similar marks above the charging port. Not sure if mine were there prior but I would like to think it's manufacturing related opposed to being scratched by a rubber case.

Posted from HTC One M8 via Android Central App

Yea I love the M8 so far but the only thing I don't like is how easily it gets scratched. I haven't gotten a case for it yet

I would have expected metal to be scratch resistant but plastics seem to be winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    I would have expected metal to be scratch resistant but plastics seem to be winning.
    Well, my last phone was plastic and scratched easier than the M8. No case and no scratches after 1 month. Plus, it would take a lot of scratching to make the M8 to look worse than most of the plastic phones out there. A scratched Ferrari is still prettier than a pristine VW.
    To each is own though...

Well Nokia brick, Sanyo clamshell, Kyocera Echo, and now a Flex. The first three were almost scratchproof and good at hiding marks (Echo dropped 15ft onto concrete with a scratched corner). The current one has been loose in my front pocket with coins a couple times, no marks.

Whatever Samsung uses definitely takes scratches AND shows them. Bad choice in plastic there...

It's nothing to do with any case I've been naked since day one and have plenty of those marks. That whole shiny metal area scratches very easily. Especially around the charging port. Unless you have 100% accuracy it's just gonna get scratched.

But the scratches are literally invisible during regular phone use. You have to hold the phone 2cm from your face and hold it at the right angle to see anything. It isn't an issue and least for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,371 Global Posts

Cases are well known to cause scratches. Don't why this this would be a surprise to anyone.

2013 Nexus Seven and HTC M8 Developer edition =)