HTC One (M8) - Crackling/Popping noise while on the phone

Ser_of_Rainwood

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Greetings All,

I just wanted to see if anyone is experiencing the same issue I have been having.

Two days ago I switched from the Galaxy S4 to the HTC One (M8) - sooo much better. However, whenever I am on a phone call; when the other person speaks there is a strange crackle/popping noise (I don't know if that explains it correctly but it is the closest way I can explain it). The noise isn't that dominant when the person is speaking, but it is loud enough that I can hear it. If I put the phone on speaker or if I watch a YouTube video the speakers are fine (damn those speakers are nice). I also tried calling different people and it happened with different people.

I just am concerned if this faint noise may be a foreshadowing of a future speaker problems - its like a faint crackling noise. I might go back to Verizon tonight to get a new one, but I just got settled into this phone! :[

Just curious if it is only me, or if I am over reacting to the problem.

Thanks!

- Seaworth

ymme12

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here I have the t-mobile version of the htc one m8 and the noise is only when I use the phone ,not when using the speakers to listen to music..taking it back to t-mobile ..

01Kuzma

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
I'm having the same issue with the phone.
When the person with who I'm speaking starts to speak the background hiss appears.
Is is a software or hardware problem?

01Kuzma

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
I'm having the same issue with the phone.
When the person with who I'm speaking starts to speak the background hiss appears.
Is is a software or hardware problem?

01Kuzma

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Reading forums I found some info: so, it might be:
1). Not right circuit design where DSP gets noise from circuit
2). Not ideal Android platform's sound's processing
3). Bugs which HTC won't fix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member