| || |
People using the GPE OS, how setup Google Now Launcher ?
I flashed the GPE ROM to my new HTC One M8, and it seems pretty awesome so far. This is my first stock Android OS experience since my Nexus 4 I sold over a year ago, so I haven't used stock kit Kat before, and this Google Now Launcher thing is all new to me.
- How's battery life on this GPE, compared to stock Sense 6 ? I also flashed the ElementalX kernel, but kept it all stock settings. Curious how this will last ? My Sense 6 ROM gave me pretty good battery life.
- Does everyone here run the GPE with the Google Now Launcher ? If so, how do you have it setup ? I'm worried about Locations settings being enabled, always thought that was a major battery drainer ?
- I am running Xposed framework with Gravity Box and GEL modules, for extra customization, without needing a full launcher like Nova, these modules allow me to keep stock Google Now Launcher, but also customize the grid size, and gestures, etc...
- Speed wise, is GPE faster than Sense 6 ?
- Overall how do you like GPE on the M8, compared to let's say the Nexus 5 ?