Is my M8 dead?

jd78

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that my M8 was powered off when I got back from lunch. During lunch I had taken a call and did a bit of browsing, but battery life was still ~80%. I attempted to plug it in, but it did not show any indication that it was charging and still will not power on. I don't know if I am missing some sort of key sequence, but it seems dead to me.

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that my M8 was powered off when I got back from lunch. During lunch I had taken a call and did a bit of browsing, but battery life was still ~80%. I attempted to plug it in, but it did not show any indication that it was charging and still will not power on. I don't know if I am missing some sort of key sequence, but it seems dead to me.

Are you rooted on a custom rom?

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8

jd78

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Resolved?
It seems that some have had this issue before. Check out this thread ( link ) I see a trip back to the carrier in your future.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/375771-htc-one-m8-screen-wont-turn-back.html

My issue is still on going. Thanks for the link, but not quite the same as my issue. From reading that thread it looks like their screens were dead, but other parts of the phone worked (i.e. buttons, sounds, etc.) where as my device is completely dead/non responsive.

I'm going to have to take it into a store for an exchange. Just sucks that I am 2 days outside my return period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC