Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By munsterrr
  • 1 Post By Jesus Janica
  • 1 Post By That70sGAdawg
  • 1 Post By buckifvr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Default Picked up the Harman Kardon M8 this morning.

So I picked up an M8 last Monday evening and when i did I asked about a darker/black one(they didnt have one). Come bright and early Tuesday morning....We all read the news on"it". Needless to say I was not the happiest. So I went in this morning to swap phones and they even waived the $35 transaction fee since they remembered me asking about a black M8. Been a little over an hour now and here is what I have.

AUDIO===========
    -The headphones that come with it are fantastic. I consider myself a "medium grade" audiophile since I can't afford hundreds of dollars for nicer ones. The highs and mids are CRISP. The lows leave a bit to be desired but I have not installed poweramp yet to fix that.

-Clari-Fi "restores lost quality".....What ever. I will never understand how information that is not there can magically be filled. It can only guess and being that I havent listened to anything above 256kbps, I cant tell

-Live Stage adds a nice touch to audio. I wouldnt say it sounds "live" but it definitely brings everything down to a even level across the board.

MISC============
    -The buttons(both power and volume rocker) are more "clicky". They let you know they are being pressed. My old one would just "mush" down as I pressed them and i'd have to look at the screen to make sure my action was performed.

-Pictures don't do it justice. It really does look great in the hand(on that note).

-FINGER PRINT MAGNET! My goodness. The back might as well be glossy with how every single finger print looks on it. It is crazy lol.

Default Re: Picked up the Harman Kardon M8 this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by munsterrr View Post
    So I picked up an M8 last Monday evening and when i did I asked about a darker/black one(they didnt have one). Come bright and early Tuesday morning....We all read the news on"it". Needless to say I was not the happiest. So I went in this morning to swap phones and they even waived the $35 transaction fee since they remembered me asking about a black M8. Been a little over an hour now and here is what I have.

AUDIO===========
    -The headphones that come with it are fantastic. I consider myself a "medium grade" audiophile since I can't afford hundreds of dollars for nicer ones. The highs and mids are CRISP. The lows leave a bit to be desired but I have not installed poweramp yet to fix that.

-Clari-Fi "restores lost quality".....What ever. I will never understand how information that is not there can magically be filled. It can only guess and being that I havent listened to anything above 256kbps, I cant tell

-Live Stage adds a nice touch to audio. I wouldnt say it sounds "live" but it definitely brings everything down to a even level across the board.

MISC============
    -The buttons(both power and volume rocker) are more "clicky". They let you know they are being pressed. My old one would just "mush" down as I pressed them and i'd have to look at the screen to make sure my action was performed.

-Pictures don't do it justice. It really does look great in the hand(on that note).

-FINGER PRINT MAGNET! My goodness. The back might as well be glossy with how every single finger print looks on it. It is crazy lol.
    Interesting, thanks for the review.

Also, just to note, all my buttons are very clicky, they aren't mushy and I can feel/hear when they are being pressed. I don't have an HK m8.

Posted via Android Central App

The headphones will get better with time

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    18,051 Global Posts

Which carrier sells this? I got an HTC One m8 from AT&T a few hours ago, and they only had gun metal colour or white.

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    Which carrier sells this? I got an HTC One m8 from AT&T a few hours ago, and they only had gun metal colour or white.
    Sprint

Posted via Android Central App
    ivantwilliams likes this.
    USAF Veteran

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    There is no white version of this phone.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    18,051 Global Posts

Silver or whatever colour it was. Honestly...

Thanks for the HK feedback !! It helps those trying to decide if it"s worth rooting our "regular M8's". Keep the comments coming.
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by That70sGAdawg View Post
    Thanks for the HK feedback !! It helps those trying to decide if it"s worth rooting our "regular M8's". Keep the comments coming.
    I have a Verizon M8 and it's rooted and already has the Harmon Kardon Sound modification flashed.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I purchased mine on Friday and had the whole weekend to play with it. I love it. I prefer the color scheme to what the regular M8 has to offer. The music does sound crisper, and I actually purchased the Onyx speaker that is attached as a promotion and it sounds amazing.

The phone does leave prints, but the finish is a easy on the eyes. I can't compare to the regular M8, but I love this phone

Quote Originally Posted by buckifvr View Post
    I have a Verizon M8 and it's rooted and already has the Harmon Kardon Sound modification flashed.

And your impressions...

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

I am an ex-audiophile and I like the HK Sound Mod very much. I think it provides a rich and dynamic listening experience. When listening to the front facing speakers I hear a subtle improvement over BoomSound. In my opinion, where HK Sound Mod shines is when listening through good quality buds or headphones. It's really outstanding.

That70sGAdawg likes this.

agreed...the HK sounds fantastic on a good set of headphones or earbuds. It's noticeably better. Sound is richer and more dynamic.