Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tethering T-Mobile HTC One m8

T-Mobile seems to cap tethering plans at 7.5GB.

I don't recall ever signing up for tethering, but managed to USB tether my phone this afternoon just to try it out. My speeds were twice local comcast. I want moar. Do i have to stay on comcasts' teet or is there a way i can go full phone-tethering above 7.5gb. or 7gbs, whichever it is.

Default Re: Tethering T-Mobile HTC One m8

Quote Originally Posted by mboon1985 View Post
    T-Mobile seems to cap tethering plans at 7.5GB.

I don't recall ever signing up for tethering, but managed to USB tether my phone this afternoon just to try it out. My speeds were twice local comcast. I want moar. Do i have to stay on comcasts' teet or is there a way i can go full phone-tethering above 7.5gb. or 7gbs, whichever it is.
    The base unlimited data is capped at 3 or 5gb. I believe that you can pay an additional $10 for 2gb buckets up to 20gb.

If you want unlimited unthrottled hotspot then Verizon's legacy unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE plan with unlimited unthrottled hotspot is truly unlimited. However since you don't have verizon now, you would have to assume liability of an unlimited line on Verizon, which may cost.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Default Re: Tethering T-Mobile HTC One m8

They offer up to 11 GB for tethering plans but you have to call (see the text in the screenshot below). Also it probably isn't cheap so staying with Comcast may be the better option.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tethering T-Mobile HTC One m8-tether.png  
    Thanked by: