I wonder if anyone can help me. When I take a photo with my M8 indoors say in a bar I'm finding the flash that comes on a couple of seconds before the photo is taken is so bright it's causing people to squint or have there eyes closed altogether in the photo. I presume it is to stop red eye. Is there anyway to switch this option off?
    05-10-2014 06:28 AM
    The phone does that so that it can focus properly before taking the shot. I looked around and couldn't find a way to turn it off.

You might want to try the official google camera app. Maybe it or a 3rd party app can turn that off?
    05-10-2014 07:38 AM
    Thanks for your reply I'll have a look around. If anyone else has any ideas I'd appreciate it.
    05-10-2014 08:07 AM
    I wonder if anyone can help me. When I take a photo with my M8 indoors say in a bar I'm finding the flash that comes on a couple of seconds before the photo is taken is so bright it's causing people to squint or have there eyes closed altogether in the photo. I presume it is to stop red eye. Is there anyway to switch this option off?
    You can absolutely turn the flash off. There is a lightning bolt symbol in the top left corner for landscape and the top right for portrait. Tap it until it has a circle around it and it won't come on at all for pictures

Posted via Android Central App
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
    05-10-2014 11:58 AM
    It's brighter because it's dual LED.

The phone does that so that it can focus properly before taking the shot. I looked around and couldn't find a way to turn it off.

You might want to try the official google camera app. Maybe it or a 3rd party app can turn that off?
    Doesn't matter what app you use. The flash is hardware-based.

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8
    05-10-2014 12:25 PM
    It's brighter because it's dual LED.

Doesn't matter what app you use. The flash is hardware-based.

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8
    I downloaded google camera and the flash only fires once. So problem fixed for OP.
    05-10-2014 08:56 PM