Sprint connections optimizer

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, had this enabled by default, but it's getting in the way now and I can't seem to remember how to open it up to disable it. So those of you on Sprint, where's it at? I'm probably doing something like looking right past the icon in the app drawer or something like that. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One M8

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, had this enabled by default, but it's getting in the way now and I can't seem to remember how to open it up to disable it. So those of you on Sprint, where's it at? I'm probably doing something like looking right past the icon in the app drawer or something like that. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One M8

It is in settings under wireless and networks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
It's really weird, I could get to it from there before I think but not now. I ended up deleting its app data and defaults which triggered the accept terms and conditions screen again and let me turn it off from there. Thanks though!

Sent from my HTC One M8

Lawrence80

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Sent from my HTC One M8

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a difference between force stopping and disabling. A disabled app can't run - it's effectively uninstalled as far as the operating system is concerned, it's just data using storage space. (Changing the app's permissions to rw-r--r-- would do the same thing - no execute permission.)

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of this, I now have two versions of this app. One appears to be the sprint one, but dont know where the other comes from. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 89060.jpg
    89060.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 89059.jpg
    89059.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 19

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
You might not be able to disable it, but mine is turned off, I turn it off the second I get a new phone and it hasn't turned itself on yet. Just follow the menu in Nilson13's post above and make sure the box is not checked and then back out of the settings (back button). Sprint seems to have a few tricky settings that I don't like, this one and every time it updates the Voicemail app. It seems to try and upgrade to the Premium for $3/month and there isn't an on off, something like OK and Settings where it can be refused. I hate Voicemail and wish I could just turn it off.