extreme camera lag with low shutter speed

jam3s121

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
anyone else notice this? my phone completely locks up when the shutter is set to a low speed.. i mean i'll probably never use it but kinda odd.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
You mean high shutter speed right? For night time shots? Explain exactly what you're doing because when you set shutter speeds higher, more light is let in and will be extremely delayed. All camera's will do this

Posted via Android Central App

jam3s121

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I mean high shutter speed. When the speed is set to below 0.5 as in 1second or higher speeds the cameras preview is completely lagged out, it is not fluid or responsive until i put a faster shutter speed on.

I understand that the longer you set the shutter the longer it stays open which means the photo takes longer to actually take, i'm taking about the preview screen being completely unresponsive

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I mean high shutter speed. When the speed is set to below 0.5 as in 1second or higher speeds the cameras preview is completely lagged out, it is not fluid or responsive until i put a faster shutter speed on.

I understand that the longer you set the shutter the longer it stays open which means the photo takes longer to actually take, i'm taking about the preview screen being completely unresponsive

Yea that's normal. Every camera I've ever used is the same way. The shutter is being held open for whatever time you specify, so if you set it to 4, then there will be a 4 second delay to allow more light to hit the sensor. If you have steady hands and a static subject, you can get some great nighttime/low light results

jam3s121

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I dont think you understand, I set the camera shutter to 4 seconds and my phones screen locks up without taking a picture, i can't set focus or do anything.. there is no preview before i take a picture. I understand what shutter speed does when you take the actual photo but this is before im even taknig a photo

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I dont think you understand, I set the camera shutter to 4 seconds and my phones screen locks up without taking a picture, i can't set focus or do anything.. there is no preview before i take a picture. I understand what shutter speed does when you take the actual photo but this is before im even taknig a photo

How do you even set the camera shutter speed?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Try resetting the camera settings. See if it fixes it.

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
It's not broken!

It's a live preview of what a 4sec exposure time will look like.

If you move the lens, it will go blurry.

Hold it still for 4 seconds and it'll be fine

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

twin100

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This section might be hidden on some phones, but it’s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it’s currently hidden (for example, search “enable developer options HTC One”).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an “Advanced” subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it’s set to “1x” by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to “.5x” — that’s it.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
It's not broken!

It's a live preview of what a 4sec exposure time will look like.

If you move the lens, it will go blurry.

Hold it still for 4 seconds and it'll be fine

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)
THIS^^!! To grab more light it must stay open and take a longer sample. They could display it different but it's not broken.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This section might be hidden on some phones, but it?s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it?s currently hidden (for example, search ?enable developer options HTC One?).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an ?Advanced? subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it?s set to ?1x? by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to ?.5x? ? that?s it.

It has absolutely nothing to do with animation speed. Your post is completely irrelevant to this topic