Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skyway
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default extreme camera lag with low shutter speed

anyone else notice this? my phone completely locks up when the shutter is set to a low speed.. i mean i'll probably never use it but kinda odd.

Default Re: extreme camera lag with low shutter speed

You mean high shutter speed right? For night time shots? Explain exactly what you're doing because when you set shutter speeds higher, more light is let in and will be extremely delayed. All camera's will do this

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I mean high shutter speed. When the speed is set to below 0.5 as in 1second or higher speeds the cameras preview is completely lagged out, it is not fluid or responsive until i put a faster shutter speed on.

I understand that the longer you set the shutter the longer it stays open which means the photo takes longer to actually take, i'm taking about the preview screen being completely unresponsive

Quote Originally Posted by jam3s121 View Post
    I mean high shutter speed. When the speed is set to below 0.5 as in 1second or higher speeds the cameras preview is completely lagged out, it is not fluid or responsive until i put a faster shutter speed on.

I understand that the longer you set the shutter the longer it stays open which means the photo takes longer to actually take, i'm taking about the preview screen being completely unresponsive
    Yea that's normal. Every camera I've ever used is the same way. The shutter is being held open for whatever time you specify, so if you set it to 4, then there will be a 4 second delay to allow more light to hit the sensor. If you have steady hands and a static subject, you can get some great nighttime/low light results

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I dont think you understand, I set the camera shutter to 4 seconds and my phones screen locks up without taking a picture, i can't set focus or do anything.. there is no preview before i take a picture. I understand what shutter speed does when you take the actual photo but this is before im even taknig a photo

It's a live preview, if your phone is still (in a tripod), it will look normal

My M8 posted this

I dont think you understand, I set the camera shutter to 4 seconds and my phones screen locks up without taking a picture, i can't set focus or do anything.. there is no preview before i take a picture. I understand what shutter speed does when you take the actual photo but this is before im even taknig a photo
    How do you even set the camera shutter speed?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    How do you even set the camera shutter speed?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    In manual mode (the M in mode selection)

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

virus.....

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Try resetting the camera settings. See if it fixes it.

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.

It's not broken!

It's a live preview of what a 4sec exposure time will look like.

If you move the lens, it will go blurry.

Hold it still for 4 seconds and it'll be fine

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

This section might be hidden on some phones, but it’s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it’s currently hidden (for example, search “enable developer options HTC One”).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an “Advanced” subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it’s set to “1x” by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to “.5x” — that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    It's not broken!

It's a live preview of what a 4sec exposure time will look like.

If you move the lens, it will go blurry.

Hold it still for 4 seconds and it'll be fine

THIS^^!! To grab more light it must stay open and take a longer sample. They could display it different but it's not broken.

Quote Originally Posted by twin100 View Post
    This section might be hidden on some phones, but its very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if its currently hidden (for example, search enable developer options HTC One).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an Advanced subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that its set to 1x by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to .5x thats it.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with animation speed. Your post is completely irrelevant to this topic

Topgonzo likes this.