Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default M8 Worst phone 637 data used

Im gutted at this horrible phone its happened to me and my 2 mates who hsve this phone im on a 3 network contract seen my bill online and to my shock 637 used on data WTF. So I called the 3 network and they said that im not thd only one when I turn of my wifi and turn data off it looks off but its running in the background I had to call htc losers they said its a major issue I have to send my phone back and it can take 6 to 8 weeks as there busy WTF......

Ulimate Note 3
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: M8 Worst phone 637 data used

Just aswell I have a note 3 as my daily drive

Ulimate Note 3

Lol I'm sorry,but not many people have this problem,calling it the worse phone is sad,its an amazing phone,and many people have had zero problems with it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 4:

It's unlikely to be the phone. The data consumption is probably due to one or more apps that are constantly refreshing. You need to pay close attention to which apps are accessing the web and how often. There is a section in Settings/Wireless & Networks that can show you data usage by app, and there also should be a setting to allow you to restrict data usage or alert you when usage reaches a certain threshold.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Global Posts
    7,717 Global Posts

Using the 3 network identifies you as a UK user, and UK consumer law should provide adequate protection if the device is a lemon with defects as you claim. However to recover your charges from the phone's supplier you would need to prove it is "not fit for purpose" so get everything in writing.

On a brighter note a problem like you describe is probably a software bug so all it needs is a bug fix in the next version. You shouldn't need to send your phone back and wait weeks for a fix which you should be able to install yourself in less than 1 hour.
    Johnly and UJ95x like this.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,747 Global Posts

Sorry to hear. I haven't had that issue. I'm on a 2GB plan and my M8 hasn't been using data while on WiFi.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,769 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.

Thread has been cleaned.
    Thanked by 2:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Sent the phone to htc they said its a common problem and they offered me a full refund I said yes please its the worst phone in the world it eats data looks like S5 on its way please dont touch this phone thats a htc staff saying this is a fault that they cant fix why make a phone if it cant delivery

Ulimate Note 3

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

That is weird i have a m8 with ee with 2gb data and that has not happend to me.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Yes but its a common issue maybe your phones ok

Ulimate Note 3

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waz ahmer View Post
    Yes but its a common issue maybe your phones ok

Ulimate Note 3
    To me it sounds like it the network not the phone but hey if htc say its the phone then its the phone.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Guys I love my htc phone I had the M7 for 1 year great phone

Ulimate Note 3

Im gutted at this horrible phone its happened to me and my 2 mates who hsve this phone im on a 3 network contract seen my bill online and to my shock 637 used on data WTF. So I called the 3 network and they said that im not thd only one when I turn of my wifi and turn data off it looks off but its running in the background I had to call htc losers they said its a major issue I have to send my phone back and it can take 6 to 8 weeks as there busy WTF......

Ulimate Note 3
    I was going to call this topic as trolling, but 3 has had some major mistakes with data in the past. I guess their phones are set up wrong, tho I would blame the 3 custom load since htc M8 on other carriers DOES NOT DO THIS. How is Orange doing over there?

Sorry you're having an issue. I've had mine for going on two weeks and it's sitting at the exact same data usage as my Nexus 5... Not saying you didn't have a problem, but it's possible that it was 3's configuration and not the actual device.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Lol this is no trolling i really like htc but the M8 has been a nightmare but these things happen

Ulimate Note 3

I use mostly wifi, so I just switch my data off unless I need it. No worries.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One M8
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I had my wifi on but data off it was still eating data its the worst phone

Ulimate Note 3

Ulimate Note 3
    No it's not the worst phone it simply has a problem and can be fixed. If a phone having a problem makes it the worst phone ever then all phones are the worst phone ever.

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts

Ulimate Note 3
    Get a better data plan. How many gigabytes do you get a month?

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Im on 1 gig but j have been told its the rubbish htc m8 phone im getting a different phone also 4 of my mates have the same issue

Ulimate Note 3

I have to say, by your logic my nexus 7's power port issue which I had to send it in for makes it the "worst tablet ever, nobody should ever buy it, Asus is loser. " judging this phone on one isolated issue is a little bit silly, don't you think? If there were dozens of people on this forum complaining about 600 data overages on their M8s, I would be more inclined to say that it's a bad phone. However, this has been the only complaint you've had and it certainly could have been a carrier issue and not the phone.

Is there something that you're holding back about that caused you to decide that the M8 is indeed the worst phone? If so, tell me, since I definitely want to know before I buy one.

Worst phone due to data usage? I have many friends with the M8 and not one complains about the issue you're having. I mentioned it to them and they had no idea what I was referring to.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,378 Global Posts

Ulimate Note 3
    Is anyone buying this? I surely am not.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    coronaboy10 and Dizfunctions like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    Is anyone buying this? I surely am not.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I'm not, it doesn't make sense. When mobile data is off, the radios can't magically pick up a signal and use data. Doesn't add up....

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts

Im on 1 gig but j have been told its the rubbish htc m8 phone im getting a different phone also 4 of my mates have the same issue

Ulimate Note 3
    Doubtful. I have a 4GB data plan and the M8 barely crosses the 1GB mark only when I am traveling for a week or so at a time and do not hook up to wifi.

You probably have a rogue app eating your data.

You should consider a larger data plan. 1GB is a very small amount of data.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast