Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Had to fire Sprint!

I was so frustrated to not be in a Sprint area that receives LTE or 4G for that matter. I simply could not get a data connection outside of my household where I have Wi-Fi. I've been paying Sprint for 4G service for four years ever since the Evo 3D, and they just downright SUCK! So, I cut their asses loose and went to Tmobile! OMG! Now I can see the true potential of my M8! Everything works better and that does mean everything! To those of you getting wonky service from Sprint and you're on a budget, T-Mobile has done it for me! I virtually have 4g speed everywhere I go now and 75% of the time, I'm on LTE! I just can't believe the difference. I'm still in shock!

Posted via Android Central App
    KoukiFC3S and LelandC like this.

Global Posts
    22,222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Had to fire Sprint!

Me too. I shifted to AT&T, and every now and then I am amazed at how well they cover versus Sprint.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Same here. Back in 2012 I fired Sprint and went to AT&T. I get LTE pretty much everywhere. Love it.
    Banned

I've been with sprint for 15 years and love them!

SENT FROM MY G-FLEX, BECAUSE SIZE MATTERS, BUT SO DOES FLEXability😁
    Topgonzo likes this.

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I'm happy with sprint in the Portland metro area. My LTE coverage is great. They have been upgrading some spots to 4G that had 3G only weeks ago...

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

I was with sprint for 6 years, their coverage was shoddy in NW Florida where I live. At times I had no kind of signal period. Switching to Verizon fixed that problem real quick. And personally I've liked the Verizon line up better than Sprint's for the last 5+ years.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Well it looks like some of you have had some luck with them, but I just couldn't take it any more.I had been loyal to them for 10 years!

I've thought about moving to Sprint for some time now, but I'm glad I never did.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGonzales90 View Post
    I'm happy with sprint in the Portland metro area. My LTE coverage is great. They have been upgrading some spots to 4G that had 3G only weeks ago...

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8
    Same here in Eugene.

Quote Originally Posted by CHILLYWILL_95831 View Post
    Well it looks like some of you have had some luck with them, but I just couldn't take it any more.I had been loyal to them for 10 years!

Yeah in Jacksonville I dealt with 3g speeds... Below is a common 3g speed test I had when I was with them. It was horrible. I'm on T-Mobile now and loving it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Had to fire Sprint!-1399906327452.jpg  
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Citizen Coyote likes this.

Also never had a problem with Sprint and now with the Flex I've checked and my dropped call spot when driving is gone when I turn on GSM roaming.

I was with sprint for 16 years, and just left for Verizon. Best decision ever. 4g everywhere!

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One M8
    Almeuit likes this.

ROM
    Lollipop 5.0

Fellow ex-Sprint user, had been with them for 13 years but got fed up with the atrocious network speeds and dumped them for T-Mobile and the Nexus 4 back in 2012. Never looked back. Even without LTE my T-Mo speeds run circles around what I was getting on Sprint (even WiMax when it worked), although I will admit I could pull phone signal in the most bizarre places on the Sprint network.

Coverage is all about where your at, at that moment. One carrier is going to be better than the rest in any giving area. You just have to see what is best for you're needs. Sprint is almost as good as big red in my area (just a lot cheaper & unlimited) tmo and AT&T suck! Just go with what works best for you and hammer down.

This will be my third year with Sprint. I was on Verizon previously. (I know,don't ask ). The first two years with an iPhone 4s were pretty miserable. But since I got the M8 it's a lot better and suprisingly 4g coverage is pretty good. And so far with this,new phone I have not dropped a single call yet. The guy at Sprint also said they plan to have the whole bay area covered by the end of summer. But I'm kind of taking that with a grain of salt.

Was with Sprint for over 10 years. When the smartphone boom hit in 2009, 3g speeds went to nothing in my area. Literally didn't see above 100kbps in my area since 2009. No 4g (obviously). At a major event (baseball game, concert, etc), literally no service at all. I about had it towards the end of last year, during peak hours I couldn't make a call or even send a text.

Moved to verizon last month when this phone launched. Yes, the limited data is a pain, but at least I HAVE data, and can send texts (it IS 2014 afterall haha).

I've had sprint for 10 years in West Virginia. From the beginning had service in areas most other areas didn't cover, and relatively solid service.

The past 4 weeks (1 week after purchasing the m8) my service has gone to ****. Data connection is almost non existent, dropped called if they dial out.

@sprintcare tweeted me and stated they were updating 6 towers in the area. I would think they'd find a way to upgrade the infrastructure without degrading the quality of the network.

Posted via the One successor to the One
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

To those defending Sprint. All I can say people want to feel happy with what service they pay for and what their money goes to. With that being said look around you and you'll see that Sprint by far has the most unhappy customers and is the worst talked about carrier. Message boards, tech sites, reviewers and an abundance of unhappy customers basically say the same thing and that Sprint by far has the worst mobile network out of all. You may be happy that you got lucky and are in a small pocket where Sprint might perform good but your the exception to a serious problem. To top it off Sprint lost almost half a million customers last quarter and that's not because their abundance of satisfied customers , great coverage, awesome data speeds and service.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Double post disregard
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

DP disregard

To clarify, I am not defending sprint. I defended them in the past; however, I am now an unhappy Sprint customer. Once they fix the network in my area or I move I will most likely return to being a happy customer.

Quote Originally Posted by khughes6 View Post
    To clarify, I am not defending sprint. I defended them in the past; however, I am now an unhappy Sprint customer. Once they fix the network in my area or I move I will most likely return to being a happy customer.

I think that is how most of us feel. I was happy to move to Sprint.. Enjoyed Wimax (I was lucky to have it).. But once LTE started to roll out (extremely slow in my area) and I was on 3g all the time.. With dial up speeds.. After months and months I couldn't take it. A Google search would time out.. It got to the point where I gave up on my phone unless there was good wifi around.. Even then sometimes I didn't wanna connect.. Accept their terms... Then Google the one thing.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Banned

I travel all over the us and sprint works awesome for me!

SENT FROM MY G-FLEX, BECAUSE SIZE MATTERS, BUT SO DOES FLEXability😁

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    To those defending Sprint. All I can say people want to feel happy with what service they pay for and what their money goes to. With that being said look around you and you'll see that Sprint by far has the most unhappy customers and is the worst talked about carrier. Message boards, tech sites, reviewers and an abundance of unhappy customers basically say the same thing and that Sprint by far has the worst mobile network out of all. You may be happy that you got lucky and are in a small pocket where Sprint might perform good but your the exception to a serious problem. To top it off Sprint lost almost half a million customers last quarter and that's not because their abundance of satisfied customers , great coverage, awesome data speeds and service.

It's very obvious that Sprint has gone to seed in a lot of districts, and it probably more permanent than ATTs huge mistake putting too much RAM in their towers to prepare for original iPhone. (They tried to prevent buffer drops but the CPU was not fast enough and a tower would go into table-walk hell. Throughput dropped by more than half in some places due to that 'upgrade'.)

All I know is that Sprint works great in my area, and my new phone with more radio bands plus GSM roaming no longer has ANY dead spots so far. But there are going to be a lot of markets that S4GRU says *have* the hardware but don't have *regulatory permission* to turn on additional bands. Either there is lobbying at work or Sprint totally screwed up the preplanning for these new deployments. It also does not help that several popular phones have a 3g/4g handoff glitch.

Gotta know the market, gotta know the phone.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post

I don't think I could have said it any better! I was loyal and played the waiting game for a very long time with Sprint. But having purchased nothing but 4G phones from Sprint since 2010 and realizing that in those 4 years i might have used a true 8 months of 4g speeds while on Wimax due to spotty coverage and speeds never above 3 to 4 Mbs, it became very clear that Sprint was BSing me with their promises. Sprint has been so bad for so long that T-MOBILE actually surpassed them! IMHO, Sprint has been resting on their laurels. They've been gouging their smartphone customers with high$ yielding data plans and explaining to us that smatphones burn more data so that's why we charge more. But that's just a lie, especially on their network.

The HTC M8 truly exposed Sprint for me. I knew that there is no way my phone is supposed to be that slow with all of that processing power! Here i am sitting at work with Tmobile customers bragging about their 4G speeds on their 50/month pay-as-you-go phones. We have pissing contests because I'm like no way my 120/mo contract phone gets blown away by a pay as you go phone from T-MOBILE. I mea, they can't be using premium data on pay as you go...RIGHT? I mean T-Mobile only has refurbished phone lines RIGHT? WRONG! Hell, they were pulling 25-30 Mbs down and 12-20 Mbs up regularly and consistently. We're not talking about a data burst or peak here. We're talking true LTE speeds all day every day. At that point, Sprint could have made a PSA that all their coverage areas will be getting Spark LTE the very next day and it would have been too late for me. They got the BIRD and I'm so happy about it that i had to tell somebody....LOL!!

So, rest assured...YES, I am now getting those same 25-30 Mbs down and 12-20 Mbs up and it's nearly everywhere that i go. It's steady and consistent and I swear I'm just now really seeing the potential of my HTC M8! I can't put the damn thing down! BTW, TMo also lets me Hotspot w/classmates free up to 5 gig/month. Yes, I said free. No! The 5 gig is not part of my data plan! It's totally separate for FREE HOTSPOT use. WTF!!! I hooked up 3 of my classmates today and I have to say that for the first time I was disappointed with T-Mo because we were only able to pull about 12-15 Mbs down and 7-10Mbs up while we were all connected. OH THE SHAME! LMAO!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast