Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By AKFL3TCH3R
  • 1 Post By AKFL3TCH3R
  • 1 Post By ChrisGonzales90
  • 1 Post By alyled
  • 1 Post By Jesus Janica
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Another thread.. Security.

    So, I understand that getting a passcode wrong ten times deletes data. Is there anyway I can disable that??

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Another thread.. Security.

    Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    So, I understand that getting a passcode wrong ten times deletes data. Is there anyway I can disable that??

    Posted via Android Central App
    I had not heard of that, but I'll be the first to ask the obvious question: how can you get a passcode wrong 10 times?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Another thread.. Security.

    Quote Originally Posted by monsieurms View Post
    I had not heard of that, but I'll be the first to ask the obvious question: how can you get a passcode wrong 10 times?
    There are those idiots out there who take phones and lock the owners out of them for the hell of it.

    Posted via Android Central App
    ErnstMach likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Another thread.. Security.

    Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    So, I understand that getting a passcode wrong ten times deletes data. Is there anyway I can disable that??

    Posted via Android Central App
    No...

    This is a security feature. The ideology behind it is if someone foreign comes across your phone, they can't access any of the sensitive information on it.
  5. #5  
    ChrisGonzales90's Avatar

    Posts
    310 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Another thread.. Security.

    Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    There are those idiots out there who take phones and lock the owners out of them for the hell of it.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Why would that happen? How does your phone get in the hands of the wrong people? And wouldn't they just steal it?

    Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

    2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Another thread.. Security.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGonzales90 View Post
    Why would that happen? How does your phone get in the hands of the wrong people? And wouldn't they just steal it?

    Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8
    Don't be stupid. There are tons of ways.

    Posted via Android Central App
    ErnstMach likes this.
  7. #7  
    ChrisGonzales90's Avatar

    Posts
    310 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Another thread.. Security.

    Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    Don't be stupid. There are tons of ways.

    Posted via Android Central App
    It was an honest question.

    Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

    2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.
    monsieurms likes this.
  8. #8  
    alyled's Avatar

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

    Default Re: Another thread.. Security.

    Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    Don't be stupid. There are tons of ways.

    Posted via Android Central App
    You want answers and help from folks? Perhaps a better way to go about it would be to not be a D.
    How about you skip using the pass code, or stop passing out drunk.
    Thanked by:
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Another thread.. Security.

    Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    There are those idiots out there who take phones and lock the owners out of them for the hell of it.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Lol how about you keep you're phone safe,then you don't need to worry about that,and calling people stupid won't help you at all son.

    Posted via Android Central App
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Another thread.. Security.

    I haven't heard of anything like this, but the setting for it would almost certainly be under security...

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Another thread.. Security.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGonzales90 View Post
    It was an honest question.

    Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8
    Sorry haha

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Wifi is "saved, secured" but won't connect no matter what
    By maximusrex in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-25-2014, 03:57 PM
  2. Do you think there's any security issue with sms in Hangout?
    By jokerdud in forum Android Security Apps, Tips & Strategies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2014, 01:17 AM
  3. Not so secure?
    By VDub2174 in forum Snapchat for Android
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 10:54 AM

Posting Permissions