Odd issue after shutting phone off

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I shut my phone off yesterday for the first time since buying it, it was about 80% charged at that time. So later in the evening I turn it back on and it vibrated like it was coming on but the screen remained black and nothing else happened. I have the dot view case and it was closed when I powered up, not sure if that will affect things or not. So I kinda became concerned and tried all the tricks I know of to get the phone to do something, holding power button for minutes, volume up/down + power button produced zero results. I then decided to plug it into my car charger to see if the led would indicate something, nothing...so I assumed the phone was bricked somehow but after about 5 min on the charger the screen showed the battery charging at 95% ? Now im kinda concerned about shutting it off again, it has been working as normal now but one thing I wondered was maybe it was in the middle of a cloud backup as I see that it failed and maybe I shut it off during this process and this caused the issue ? idk any thoughts?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I shut my phone off yesterday for the first time since buying it, it was about 80% charged at that time. So later in the evening I turn it back on and it vibrated like it was coming on but the screen remained black and nothing else happened. I have the dot view case and it was closed when I powered up, not sure if that will affect things or not. So I kinda became concerned and tried all the tricks I know of to get the phone to do something, holding power button for minutes, volume up/down + power button produced zero results. I then decided to plug it into my car charger to see if the led would indicate something, nothing...so I assumed the phone was bricked somehow but after about 5 min on the charger the screen showed the battery charging at 95% ? Now im kinda concerned about shutting it off again, it has been working as normal now but one thing I wondered was maybe it was in the middle of a cloud backup as I see that it failed and maybe I shut it off during this process and this caused the issue ? idk any thoughts?

I am honestly not sure. Me, I would tempt fate and try to recreate the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463