power button off

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Every once in a while i get a black Box reminding me that if i hold down the volume button for ten secs that the phone will shut down. I dont know if Im activating it unknowlingly or if Its a bug

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
That sounds like the message you get if you hold the power button down for 7+ seconds, like you would do a force reboot on an old HTC device. Now you get that window telling you how to do it on current ones.

You have a case? Take it out of the case and see if the issue resolves. I have had to cutout ports on cases in the past.

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i understand the message But i dont know Why it pops up. And yes i have a case But it doesn't cover the volume buttons
That sounds like the message you get if you hold the power button down for 7+ seconds, like you would do a force reboot on an old HTC device. Now you get that window telling you how to do it on current ones.

You have a case? Take it out of the case and see if the issue resolves. I have had to cutout ports on cases in the past.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
That message is what you see when you ONLY push the power button down, not both power+VOL. I was wondering if your case covered your POWER.