Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default power button off

Every once in a while i get a black Box reminding me that if i hold down the volume button for ten secs that the phone will shut down. I dont know if Im activating it unknowlingly or if Its a bug

Default Re: power button off

My computer must be broken because the pics didn't load

That sounds like the message you get if you hold the power button down for 7+ seconds, like you would do a force reboot on an old HTC device. Now you get that window telling you how to do it on current ones.

You have a case? Take it out of the case and see if the issue resolves. I have had to cutout ports on cases in the past.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah i understand the message But i dont know Why it pops up. And yes i have a case But it doesn't cover the volume buttons
    Quote Originally Posted by loraque View Post
    That sounds like the message you get if you hold the power button down for 7+ seconds, like you would do a force reboot on an old HTC device. Now you get that window telling you how to do it on current ones.

You have a case? Take it out of the case and see if the issue resolves. I have had to cutout ports on cases in the past.

That message is what you see when you ONLY push the power button down, not both power+VOL. I was wondering if your case covered your POWER.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

nope. Case doesn't cover the volume or power button
    Quote Originally Posted by loraque View Post
    That message is what you see when you ONLY push the power button down, not both power+VOL. I was wondering if your case covered your POWER.

It has to be power button related. That message ONLY pops up when the power button has been held down to long.