Anyone else's M8 eating all of your data?

U WOT M8

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I had my mobile data on for about an hour today (with no data intensive apps running) and I've burned through 129MB. My data manager app says it's OS services.

What the hell? I only have 1gb on T-Mobile so I can't afford having my phone burning through data like this. What could be the cause?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Depending on what it syncs it could use a good amount. You can try going to the data usage part of your phone.. Hitting menu.. And then restrict background data. That will help.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1399992196927.jpg
    1399992196927.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 70

Snapperjacker

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
You could also go into Settings, More, Data Usage, and then uncheck "use my data plan when WiFi isn't available" if you haven't already done so.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I noticed an uptick with my data consumption as well. My last bill cycle i used almost 11GB of data. Thats a new personal record. My previous Most used in a month was 6 GB.
I attribute part of it to me using WiFi less with the M8. I get such good signal and data speeds at work and at home that i find my self not switching to WiFi. Im on T-Mobile as well.
I also feel like i use the device more. Streaming audio has gone up a bit. I know i have watched a few more youtube videos as well. The phone is so good i love using it.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine sucked thru data like crazy the first month. It ended up being the music app. It defaults to downloading cover art and song lyrics over wireless, even though the feature can not only be turnedy off but set to only do it on Wi-Fi. Verizon reimbursed me two gigs if data because of that. Since that first month data use has went back down to normal rates for me.

Armadillo, the other white meat.