Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Speech-to-Text Oddity

So I think I now have my first issue with my M8. In the past with my EVO 4G LTE when using speech to text for any reason, texting, Google Hangouts etc. while listing to music, the music would cut pause while the phone was listening. Fist time I have tried it with the M8 but it does not pause. It stops for about half a second then the Mic is open. In most cases it will start to transcribe the lyrics from the song .

I have tried several different scenarios using the following apps with the same results:

Tested with Google Play Music, Native HTC Music app, YouTube.

Tested above apps using Google Hangouts, Native HTC Text Msg App, Gmail, Mail, Kik.

Tested above Music Apps with the Apps in second list while bluetooth steaming to car audio and with the front speakers.

All combinations resulted in the same result. Music/audio would not pause during speech to txt input.

I have looked through all the settings in the music apps as well as the speech input setting and can't find anything that might be causing the problem. I have tried researting the phone but not a factory reset since it was just done about three days ago for a different issue. I am also using the same apps as I did with my EVO 4G LTE and never had this problem.

Does anyone know if something I am missing or duplicate the same issue? This one has truely got my stumped.

My M8 is stock, untooted and the Sprint flavor of M8.

Posted with my thumbs

Default Re: Speech-to-Text Oddity

Weird. I also have a stock sprint M8 and mine works properly (music pauses for voice input), so probably not a systemic issue. What keyboard are you using? I know swype used to use a dragon speech client rather than the google one, and that would not pause music when listening, although I just checked with the swype that came on my M8 and it paused appropriately. Same (proper) result with swiftkey, and the sense keyboard.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by aquatichedgehog View Post
    Weird. I also have a stock sprint M8 and mine works properly (music pauses for voice input), so probably not a systemic issue. What keyboard are you using? I know swype used to use a dragon speech client rather than the google one, and that would not pause music when listening, although I just checked with the swype that came on my M8 and it paused appropriately. Same (proper) result with swiftkey, and the sense keyboard.
    Hmmm.... Mine is using the stock keyboard with Swype turned off. I'm still looking for a possible setting thing. I'd hate to do a factory restart in ths thing again just to see it it clears up. Just got it set up like I want it.

Posted with my thumbs.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I think I am at the point were I need to factory reset. Looks like I am the only one with this issue and I have tired everything I can think of to get it work like it should.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well I CAN confirm it is a setting or application of some sort. I went ahead and did a factory reset and then tested the problem again. No issues. Then I applied my backup settings and programs from the HTC backup that was taken prior and the issue returned. So I guess I need to factory rest again and rebuild from scratch again since I have not idea which application and or setting is causing the issue.

Leave it to me to have an issue no one else has...

Global Posts
    896 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
    Well I CAN confirm it is a setting or application of some sort. I went ahead and did a factory reset and then tested the problem again. No issues. Then I applied my backup settings and programs from the HTC backup that was taken prior and the issue returned. So I guess I need to factory rest again and rebuild from scratch again since I have not idea which application and or setting is causing the issue.

Leave it to me to have an issue no one else has...
    I too have this problem. It's quite annoying.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Welp definitely something Android/Google Related maybe HTC. I just did one more factory reset and installed nothing BUT Google Apps. HTC and the Sprint updates and now this issue is back.

No one else other than Lodingi is having this issue?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Found the culprit as being the latest version of Google Search (3.4.16.1149392). I installed and unstalled several times each time it was installed it would have the same issue as initially described. Tested is with all HTC, Google apps and Sprint software updates installed nothing else.

I guess I will leave it uninstalled until an update shows up and fixes it

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by: