Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question SD Card issues?

    Hey everyone, I'm getting the One M8 in about 10 days, and I've been doing my due diligence in making this decision. But I have read that the One M8 (and all other KitKat phones) have issues with SD cards, specifically in writing to them. I have a 16GB SD card that I would like to transfer to my new One M8 when I get it, but what are the issues (if any) in actually using it? I understand a software update would (eventually) fix the issue, but for now how are the problems with this?

    Thanks for any input!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: SD Card issues?

    It is my understanding that an app can read/write to a folder created by that app only. Other app folders can only be read. This makes file managers limited in their ability to copy/paste. It's an attempt at security by the OS.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: SD Card issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    It is my understanding that an app can read/write to a folder created by that app only. Other app folders can only be read. This makes file managers limited in their ability to copy/paste. It's an attempt at security by the OS.
    I took my card from my EVO 4G LTE and put it in my new M8 an it worked fine, including the gallery found the pictures and the music player found the music and all the other apps found data and backup info.....
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition
  4. #4  

    Default Re: SD Card issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by mfreeland View Post
    I took my card from my EVO 4G LTE and put it in my new M8 an it worked fine, including the gallery found the pictures and the music player found the music and all the other apps found data and backup info.....
    Yep, reading from the card is not an issue, writing files is.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: SD Card issues?

    Okay, that doesn't sound like such a big deal, then. I guess I see the point of it from an anti-malware standpoint, but I really wish they gave the users some better control over being able to turn that feature on/off.

    Regardless, still very excited to get this phone. Such a big upgrade from my very, very out-dated LG Lucid. This thing can't go through a day on a battery charge, and that's with the extended 3000 mah battery.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: SD Card issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    Yep, reading from the card is not an issue, writing files is.
    I'm not seeing an issue I guess because I'm using the same apps that created these folders, although on the old phone.
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung Galaxy S5 bluetooth issue
    By lmarano21 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-18-2014, 02:02 AM
  2. Please help with download mode for warranty issues.
    By PokeDroid in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 06:12 PM
  3. Alarm Volume issues
    By gergsnomis in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 04:18 PM
  4. Asus MeMo Pad HD7 apps to sd card
    By alb28 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 02:54 PM
  5. Recovering Encrypted sd cars
    By Barry Test in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 02:51 PM

Posting Permissions