Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By woowdy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Search phone function on HTC one M8

Hello,
    I am a first time android user and I got the HTC one M8 last week. I have loved it so far. Initially, I was able to search the contents of the phone by swiping up from below and typing the search term in google . This way I could look search for apps. But recently, I cannot search for installed apps in google now.
    Could anyone please let me know what is the best way to search my entire device and why is google now not working for this purpose?

Thanks loads

Default Re: Search phone function on HTC one M8

Quote Originally Posted by docrocks21 View Post
    Hello,
    I am a first time android user and I got the HTC one M8 last week. I have loved it so far. Initially, I was able to search the contents of the phone by swiping up from below and typing the search term in google . This way I could look search for apps. But recently, I cannot search for installed apps in google now.
    Could anyone please let me know what is the best way to search my entire device and why is google now not working for this purpose?

Thanks loads
    Honestly I don't know why it would not search your app list. That wouldn't have anything to do with the sync functionality of Google now if you had that turned off.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If you're using Google Now to search, look at the bottom of the screen and scroll off of Web and over to Phone.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

What you need to do is go to Google now, and go to setting. In setting you will see an option like that. Follow the photo and selected as it is and this hopefully will fix it. Search phone function on HTC one M8-33954.jpgSearch phone function on HTC one M8-33955.jpg

Posted via Android Central App
    isdaako likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

thanks all!