Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By matt71189
  • 1 Post By raymaane
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mophie Juice Pack for the M8?

Will there be a mophie juice pack for the M8?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Mophie Juice Pack for the M8?

Quote Originally Posted by matt71189 View Post
    Will there be a mophie juice pack for the M8?

Ask mophie...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,361 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    Ask mophie...

Exactly.

2013 Nexus Seven and HTC M8 Developer edition =)

I would forget Mophie and go with Anker. They are just reliable & gives you more mAh for your money

Anker doesn't make a charging case, only mophie. Anker makes good extra batteries, have one myself.

ROM
    ICS 4.0.3

Anker is the best. Mophie is way overpriced crap.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

What about this? More than double mah but not sure about the brand

http://www.mobilefun.com/45606-htc-o...0mah-black.htm

MrRicks84 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by matt71189 View Post
    What about this? More than double mah but not sure about the brand

http://www.mobilefun.com/45606-htc-o...0mah-black.htm

Nice find! This is the first battery case I've seen for the m8. I had the mophie case for my m7 and loved it, but like you said, not sure of the brand and fitment

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    Nice find! This is the first battery case I've seen for the m8. I had the mophie case for my m7 and loved it, but like you said, not sure of the brand and fitment

Well, I was planning to go with a Spigen case, but this has me thinking. 3200 mAh extra would see me through (potentially) 3 days on a single (full phone+case) charge, assuming it functions as advertised.

My only concern would be that because the case plugs into the charging port (out of necessity), if the phone were dropped on the bottom, this could (theoretically) damage the charging port of the phone. The odds are slim, of course, and I'm not one to drop a phone (even my awful LG Lucid that I don't care about) but still, that would make me nervous, and it's not that I would even need the extra power...but I'm still tempted by this. I take long bus rides once or twice a year, sometimes more, and it would be nice to have something that I know won't run out of power.

Quote Originally Posted by dty06 View Post
    Well, I was planning to go with a Spigen case, but this has me thinking. 3200 mAh extra would see me through (potentially) 3 days on a single (full phone+case) charge, assuming it functions as advertised.

My only concern would be that because the case plugs into the charging port (out of necessity), if the phone were dropped on the bottom, this could (theoretically) damage the charging port of the phone. The odds are slim, of course, and I'm not one to drop a phone (even my awful LG Lucid that I don't care about) but still, that would make me nervous, and it's not that I would even need the extra power...but I'm still tempted by this. I take long bus rides once or twice a year, sometimes more, and it would be nice to have something that I know won't run out of power.
    I dropped my m7 a few times with the mophie case and the way I looked at it was that since the charging port on the phone was filled with the case's charger, it wouldn't receive as much damage, if that makes sense. The biggest gripe I had with the mophie case was the thickness, it was almost you thick. I'd imagine with the one you posted it would be extremely thick because of the 3200maH battery, the mophie only had a 2500maH battery

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Excellent find. No guarantee it would be super thick though...the 100% extra battery life mophie for my iPhone 4s compared to the one for the 5 was easy thicker.

Also mophie is basically useless if you ask them because I did and my response was that it might be a few months if they do make the case

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    I dropped my m7 a few times with the mophie case and the way I looked at it was that since the charging port on the phone was filled with the case's charger, it wouldn't receive as much damage, if that makes sense. The biggest gripe I had with the mophie case was the thickness, it was almost you thick. I'd imagine with the one you posted it would be extremely thick because of the 3200maH battery, the mophie only had a 2500maH battery

That's definitely possible, as the case's plug would preserve the structure of the phone's plug, but if you drop it at a certain angle, couldn't the case's plug come loose from the case and cause damage in the phone? I dunno, not something very likely. I'm not even very likely to drop the phone without a case since I've never dropped my current phone, which I kind of hope gets run over by an 18-wheel truck, dropped out of an airplane at 30,000 feet, thrown into a river and then falls into an active volcano. Now, assuming I will care more about my M8 than my current phone, I think I would rather have a case for it, just in case something does happen.

Do people really need the extra battery on the m8? I had one on my m7 but have found that with the m8 I always make it the day with juice left and I'm a semi heavy user off and on during the day. These things are a waste

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I asked Mophie. There may be some help.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mophie Juice Pack for the M8?-1401738239873.jpg  
    oditius likes this.