Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Sprint HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition / OS Deleted / Stuck on Fastboot Loader

Hi everyone,
    I ran into a situation trying to unblock/root my brand new HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition.

This is the problem:

I was able to follow all directions to be able to unlock the bootloader, however, I was never able to root the the device. I tried the TWRP method with no luck. I also tried the CWM method and nothing. I kept getting the message, "device shows not being rooted". I was able to install the SuperSu.zip, however, I never gained root access. In the process I accidentally erased the OS from the device and now I'm stuck between recovery and fasboot mode. I have attempted to disable the S-On several times with no luck. I tried the firewater steps but since I cannot load an operating system, I'm unable to finish the process. I am also unable to complete the command "fasboot writecid 11111111" successfully. In other words, allI I want to do is be able to install the factory ROM so I can use my phone and forget about this whole rooting mess!

Please help!!! I believe I have tried it all but maybe I'm missing a step somewhere.

Mr. Ramirez .
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Default Re: Sprint HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition / OS Deleted / Stuck on Fastboot Loader

Download my stock rooted rom found HERE
    copy it to your ext. sdcard enter recovery and install it
    Also no need to to change your CID. The command for that is "fastboot oem writecid 11111111 "
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Sprint HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition / OS Deleted / Stuck on Fastboot Loader

benny3,

I am unable to run the command "fastboot oem writecid 11111111 ", I always get some kind of error. Why is that? Remember, I'm not rooted, just unlocked, and at an S-ON state. Thank you for your response, I'm downloading the ROMs but I have a feeling I won't be able to install them if I cannot get the writecid command to successfully change my cell ID. Any advice? Again, thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post.

To be precise, this is the output I get when I try to run the writecid command:

(bootloader) SecuritySDInit: counter = 2
    (bootloader) m8whl_init_sd, SD card already power on
    (bootloader) [SPEW] GPIO 0 status is 0
    (bootloader) sdhw_7xxx_open: id=0
    (bootloader) clock_update_cfg_sd is done
    (bootloader) sd clock set done
    (bootloader) sdcc_init_memory_device done
    (bootloader) SD clock freq = 19MHz....
    (bootloader) GPLL0 is enabled
    (bootloader) [Tuxera][Error] No exFAT partition found
    (bootloader) [FAT_ERROR] fat_open_file: can not find SMART_IO.CRD
    (bootloader) [JAVACARD_ERR] SMART_IO.CRD cann't find
    OKAY [ 0.078s]
    finished. total time: 0.078s

Respectfully, Mr. Ramirez

WHOA WHOA WHOA why are you attempting to change CID? DONT lol this should help out a bunch!

[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One M8 Harman | 1.54.654.9 | OTA | Decrypted | Stock Rooted - xda-developers

please read that carefully! plus has all the ROMS you need. On a side not I did the exact same thing DAY 1 I had the HK. I could only go into boot and recovery. I got the downloads from the above link. setup recovery in sideload and presto new OS and up and running.

Hope this helps.

so i have an htc one m8 HK edtion im rooted i wanna flash stock recovery to get the ota update but the video to do it i follow it it tells you to ind you cid (mine is SPCS_004 ) and then downlode the stock recovery matching your cid and i cant find one for mine .. any help ?
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

This is the full firmware, pull the recovery out of it and flash the same as a custom recovery
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567713359

Question Re: Sprint HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition / OS Deleted / Stuck on Fastboot Loader

Hi Benny3 im stuck between a rock and a hard place with this one. Twrp and su are working and s-off isnt . The phone takes around 5-10 min to start up and the wifi wont turn on. The ruu refuses to work for me, it always gets an unknown error and stops working after step 1/7. I have the 3.30.654.2 update running that i got from your link. I cant seem to successfully flash any other roms. If you can help me like you have in the past i will be eternally grateful.

After alot of poking around I noticed the hboot was still 3.16 so i tried a 1.54 rom and everything is good again! now to s-off!

Quote Originally Posted by klusk91 View Post
    After alot of poking around I noticed the hboot was still 3.16 so i tried a 1.54 rom and everything is good again! now to s-off!
    If you really want an effective method to S-OFF, use Sunshine. It costs $25 but it works and it works well. Had to use it myself after exhausting the alternatives available at the time. Maybe there's new methods that work, but Sunshine worked well and it was easy.

I tried both firewater wouldnt work and sunshine said i needed a stock or closer to stock rom. Ive gone through hell and back trying to do this. As of right now ive reinstalled the stock recovery and and relocked the boot loader so i can run the latest ruu. hopefully that lets me use sunshine.