Newbie SD Card Help
Morning my friends just joined for some much needed help!
I have always had a iphone so struggling a little bit with the HTC M8 although I do love the phone.
I bought a 64gb SD card and inserted it thinking that was easy. The issue I am having is transferring existing movies to the SD Card as well as pictures and apps if I wanted to... Can anyone help with this?
Also what is the best way to put music on the phone? I have a 16gb so ideally I wanted to use the SD Card.
I have looked through the phone and can't seem to find a folder etc to click into to view what's in the SD Card... ??
I am very very confused. Can anyone help pretty please?
- 05-15-2014, 03:52 AM #2
- 05-15-2014, 01:02 PM #4
- 05-16-2014, 12:08 AM #6
- 420 Posts
Re: Newbie SD Card Help
He means just use the file explorer in Windows like you would for files on your computer, not an external app.
The issue is that Android 4.4 KitKat has security issues with SD cards. Because some types of malware can stem from an SD card, and because some malware likes to write to an SD card, KitKat has disabled the primary storage from having the ability to write files to the external SD card. But there is no such limitation for a computer, so you can connect your phone to your PC and manually transfer the files from the internal storage to the SD card via the normal Windows file/folder explorer.
Hope this helps
- By Hvacmanjc in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 05-21-2014, 07:45 PM
- By MilGoe10 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 11Last Post: 05-20-2014, 02:57 AM
- By aliadonis in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 11Last Post: 05-16-2014, 07:20 PM
- By maclem8223 in forum HTC One M8 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 05-15-2014, 06:50 PM
- By iamedz in forum AT&TReplies: 0Last Post: 05-15-2014, 12:50 AM