Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By buckifvr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please help. Serious problem with my M8!

Guys. I've always always always skinned my phones with Nova launcher. I have so many icon packs it's a joke, but while I finally skinned my phone after 2 weeks guess what? I am deciding to go back to sense! I love the new Sense. I love the clock, weather, and calendar apps. I love the colors and the feel!

Is something wrong with me? Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts

Default Re: Please help. Serious problem with my M8!

Lol. It's funny I have always used Nova as well. I used sense for the first 10 days or so and liked it. I still decided to go with Nova as that is what I have always done. I was just thinking about switching back. I actually do like like sense 6. I wish I could have some of the custom gestures and the multiple docks that I use in Nova.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Rest assured nothing is wrong with you. Personally I think Sense is awesome. If you like it, then use it. Don't second guess yourself. Just enjoy your M8.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
    Thanked by:
    Lolken21 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Welcome to the club. I initially used nova launcher as soon add I got my M8 and decided right away that sense is much better looking than anything Nova offered. The minimalism and elegance of Sense 6 makes it the best Android skin hands down.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I think it's awesome that oem skins like sense are getting to be so good that usual third party launcher users are staying with them. I don't like third party launchers.

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    I think it's awesome that oem skins like sense are getting to be so good that usual third party launcher users are staying with them. I don't like third party launchers.

Posted via Android Central App
    I've generally stayed with OEM launchers as well, but I think the real good thing here is two-fold: that manufacturers are listening to what people want and giving it to them, and also that Android is so customizable that if you don't like the stock anything, you can change it. Such a massive advantage over iOS or Windows (though I honestly know very little about Windows mobile and have no desire to learn; Windows 8 will never occupy space on any PC I own)

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts

You know, I had moved to the Google Now Launcher on my M7,but I have no desire to go back to that in this. I'm loving the new Sense, too!

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

I actually tried living with Sense out of the box just to be sure I got a good feel for what they had done since my old Thunderbolt days. However, I just loaded Nova (including the Prime) a little over a week ago, and have been totally enjoying this again... I do use Beautiful Widgets for it's clock and weather widget on my main screen... and I'm good with the agenda calendar widget that I got out of the box.

I might go back to Sense, but I'm enjoying Nova again.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"